Developer II at Walgreens
Writes code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the digital solutions, typically for large, complex or leading edge sites, products and programs. Implements activities that influence important components / processes of the functional area. Work is received short- and mid-term assignments that are important / complicated undertakings that require a comprehensive understanding of the organization's current web-based applications, coding languages, tools and regularly require the application of independent judgment.
- Actively involved in the daily operational activities that generally influence important components / processes of the on-line technology function, including but not limited to writing code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the web-based software, typically for large, complex or leading edge sites, products and programs and developing software applications and tools.
- Maintains and supports existing, and develops web-based applications and tools.
- Contributes to software design.
- Evaluates compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software.
- Develops web-based prototypes and protocols to support established standards.
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Coordinates cross-functionally to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- May assist in incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
- May mentor less experienced members of the team.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of software development / coding experience OR High school / GED and at least 6 years of software development / coding experience.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics
- Experience working with on-line systems
- Demonstrated expertise writing professional, quality, secure, performance capable code.
- Experience with rapid software development practices.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience with coding languages, such as C#, Java, .net, MVC, etc.
- Knowledge of web design technologies, such as HTML, XML, Perl and Java.
- Experience with Oracle or SQL Server