DEVELOPER - JAVA
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The Developer analyzes, documents, and supports our marketing initiatives in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment. This position works closely with cross-functional teams to understand their business needs and translate them into functional/technical requirements. They suggest innovative solutions to leverage technology to provide dynamic and efficient tools. The Developer leads and/or participates in development and integration activities to enhance our Campaign Management platform.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Requirements Definition: Uses established techniques as directed to identify current problems and elicit, specify and document business functional, data and non-functional requirements for various subject areas with clearly-defined boundaries. Assists in defining acceptance tests for the specified requirements.
- Business Process Modeling: Produces an abstract or refines a representation of real world, business situations in applications, to aid the communication and understanding of existing, conceptual or proposed scenarios. Predominantly focused around the representation of processes, roles, data, organization and time.
- Programming/Software Development - Contributes to the design, development, testing and documentation of complex programs from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools. Assesses own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work. Mentors less experienced colleagues as required.
- Development Testing - Performs the execution of given test scripts under supervision. Records results and reports issues. Develops an understanding of the role of testing within system development, as a tool for design improvement as well as a validation process.
- Release Deployment: The management of the processes, systems and functions to package, build, test and deploy changes and updates (which are bounded as “releases”) into a production or non-prod environments, establishing or continuing the specified Service, to enable controlled and effective handover to Operations and the user community.
- Application Support: Identifies and resolves issues with applications, following agreed procedures. Carries out agreed applications maintenance tasks.
- Customer Service: Liaises as the routine contact point, receiving and handling requests for support. Carries out a broad range of service requests for support by providing information to fulfill requests or enable resolution.
- Incident Management: Undertakes the identification, registration and categorization of incidents. Gathers information to enable incident resolution and promptly escalates incidents as appropriate.
- Research: Within given research goals, assists in selection and review of credible and reliable resources to gain an up-to-date knowledge of any relevant field. Documents work carried out and may contribute sections of material of publication quality.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience
- 5 – 10 years of experience in object-oriented coding and methodologies
- 5 – 10 years of experience with SQL or relational database; able to write SQL queries
- Understanding of cloud platforms such as GCP, Azure or AWS
- Understanding of both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Experience with marketing or campaign management systems is a plus
- Experience with the Windows operating systems
- Experience with development languages such as C#, .NET, LINQ and SQL
- Experience with source control repositories including TFS and Bitbucket
- Experience with the Linux operating systems is a plus
- Experience with Docker, Jira, Tidal Enterprise Scheduler or Mongo DB is a plus
- Excellent communication skills; feels comfortable working with non-technical business partners
- Strong analysis/troubleshooting skills
- Must be creative, organized, detail oriented, and able to assimilate information quickly
- Flexibility of providing support during odd hours, weekends, and peak seasons
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences)