Founded in 2001, Adage® is a web design and development firm that combines strategic thinking with a passion for technology to advance our client's purpose. We bring together a diverse team of creative and technical professionals who partner with our clients to build complex technical solutions that connect them to their audiences. Our people first approach drives us to win awards, work with prestigious clients, and break ground with exciting technology. Adage has consistently been recognized as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago.
We are looking for a Development Manager who has serious experience working with C# and developing ASP.NET applications. You'll have the opportunity to lead full life-cycle projects, from requirements gathering and technical design through development, launch, and support. Each project gives you the chance to solve unique business problems for our clients, interacting with them directly to create the best solution. As a Development Manager, you’d also be responsible for managing and coaching a team of developers. This includes interviewing & hiring, goal setting, providing training and feedback, conducting performance reviews, and recognizing positive contributions.
We are very team oriented so you can expect to collaborate frequently with Designers, Developers, and Project Owners within your Scrum team. We’re consultants, so expect to work closely with clients in gathering requirements, creating technical design, and iterating through the development process.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing and building complex web applications and dynamic components of web and ecommerce sites utilizing ASP.NET, C#, Visual Studio, TypeScript, SASS, and MVC
- Enhancing application features using client-side technologies like React.js Angular.js, and Ajax
- Managing a team of developers and coaching them for success
- Providing constructive feedback, training, and setting goals with your team
- Delivering work in an Agile Scrum environment
- Working directly with clients to gather requirements and architect applications
- Developing technical solutions to complex ecommerce problems
- Sharing your knowledge with our team and taking time to learn from them too
- Providing input on how to improve the Adage business process using your personal expertise
- Constantly improving your own skills and programming knowledge as well as your team’s
We want someone who:
- Has significant experience developing ASP.NET applications (~8+ years)
- Has significant experience coding in C#
- Has previous experience managing others successfully
- Has strong leadership qualities and interpersonal skills
- Is able to coach employees for continuous improvement and career progression
- Is capable of planning projects start to finish
- Has strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with teams, clients, and stakeholders
- Is comfortable working on multiple projects at a time
- Is passionate about their work, motivated to learn, and constantly looking to improve
- Agile/Scrum experience is a plus
What Adage Offers
Adage has consistently been recognized as one of Chicago's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on the Crain's list of Best Places to Work in Chicago. We have a people-first approach and support our employees with the things that matter most. You'll enjoy a work-life balance with flex schedules, remote work options, and 20+ days of paid time off annually. Adage offers excellent benefits with 85% employer-paid insurance, profit-sharing bonuses, 401k, and FSA. We have monthly happy hours, quarterly social events, an annual retreat, and a great office environment with a stocked kitchen.
Adage Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team representing and respecting diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skillsets. All qualified candidates that share Adage's core values are strongly encouraged to apply.