Developer Support Engineer at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Do you love technical problem-solving? Do you enjoy teaching others? Do you want broad exposure to a wide variety of web development technologies?
As a Developer Support Engineer at Affirm, you’ll be supporting the thousands of developers who are integrating Affirm into their e-commerce and in-store point of sale systems. You will combine your skills as a full-stack developer and an empathetic communicator to debug complex technical issues. Your communication to developers and business owners alike is technically sophisticated, authentic, and genuinely helpful. You delight normally cynical engineers, who are used to the ‘black-hole’ support experiences they get from the traditional players. Developer Support Engineers are a part of the engineering organization at Affirm and work closely with Product, Operations, Account Management, and Merchant Help teams. As an early member of this team at Affirm, you will have a huge impact from day one.
- Quickly become a specialist in Affirm's APIs, products, and integration documentation
- Fix merchant issues that are highly technical and raise these issues to other engineering teams when needed
- Prioritize issues and projects related to improving the developer experience for our merchants
- Creatively seek solutions to emergent problem spaces as we build out new platforms, technologies, and merchant requirements
- Develop tools to help scale our merchant facing teams and improve efficiency
- Analyze technical support patterns that can help drive product improvements
- Passion to change consumer banking for the better
- Ideally looking for 6-12mo. of professional experience using Frontend Web Technologies and/or APIs
- Either significant computer science coursework or one year of professional experience as a web developer. Applications from Bootcamp grads will be considered.
- Experience integrating UX elements w/ backend services, frameworks, and 3rd party developer APIs
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills - Familiarity with Chrome Developer Tools is a plus
- A strong voice when writing - you let your personality show without sacrificing clarity (Please submit a cover letter when applying - we actually read them)
- Task jugglers who can keep dozens of balls in the air and thrive - help build internal tools one day and have a phone call with a client the next!
- Bachelor's degree with a strong academic record or equivalent practical experience
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.