Development Director of E-Commerce
RedShelf prides itself on having a fun and competitive environment. Our team is passionate, entrepreneurial-minded, and always goes the extra mile to get the job done right. We offer the excitement and opportunity of a young, fast-growing, start-up with an extensive client base and a proven track record of success.
The Ecommerce Development Director is responsible for developing and implementing RedShelf’s ecommerce goals. The role will require getting your hands dirty by releasing code and collaborating closely with both product & development teams. The Ecommerce Development Director will also be responsible for managing a team of developers and responsible for individual development projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Development Key Responsibilities:
Management Key Responsibilities:
- Implementing new processes for overall management & success of our ecommerce platform
- Serve as a mentor to new hires training to become familiar with the RedShelf codebase and development lifecycle
- Create and improve training plans and documentation for the development team
- Create and improve performance evaluation and metrics for the development team
- Be readily available to the development and product teams for assistance and guidance on both technical and business-related challenges
- Manage technical debt and an agile process to ensure your development team can focus their time on real business challenges.
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of experience maintaining a complex, product-focused codebase
- 5+ years of experience leading teams that have run Agile and/or Scrum methodology
- Proven track record of building successful e-commerce applications, products, or platforms
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Knowledge of Python, PostgreSQL
- Experience increasing revenue through managing affiliate sales channels.
- Experience with Google Analytics, AdWords & AdSense
- Experience building ADA-compliant or WCAG 2.0 interfaces
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems
Personal Traits:Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment. A willingness to roll-up the sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done is essential. The ability to work well both individually as well as with others and strong interpersonal skills to manage relationships successfully in a cross-functional team environment is critical for this position. Demonstrated experience showing resourcefulness, a strong attention to detail and ability to follow through on commitments with minimal supervision are required.
Since inception, RedShelf has undergone tremendous growth, providing the education industry with the cutting-edge technology to transform education for future generations. The company’s goal is to give students access to course materials with much more functionality, at a much lower price than physical books. To do that, we partner with more than 600+ educational bookstores and publishers, offering students content at a 60 percent discount compared to the paper versions of the books.
Besides our competitive compensation and benefits package that includes company stock options, we offer an engaging office culture with frequent on and offsite events including video game tournaments, intramural sports teams, happy hours, volunteer work, and more.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.