Development Manager at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse the Aisles
As a Software Development Manager you will split your time between hands on coding and managing a team of engineers. You will be responsible for keeping a pulse on the day to day activities of the team to ensure alignment with the organization's strategic goals and deliverables. You will assist with level of effort estimates and will help facilitate communication and collaboration amongst various facets of the organization. You will utilize your solid technical background for hands on development task work as well as higher level process and architecture alignment. You're excellent people skills will be leveraged to foster continued collaboration amongst teams, as well as assist in the hiring, on-boarding and growth of teams
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
- Thorough experience and understanding of agile software development
- Experience working with Quality Assurance engineers and UX/UI/Product designers
- Solid understanding of frontend architecture
- Well versed in the SCRUM ceremonies and processes
- Thorough understanding of best practices for software development (unit testing, automation etc)
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 8+ (for MGR1), 10+ (for MGR2), 12+ (for MGR3) years of hands on professional software development experience
- 3+ (for MGR1), 5+ (for MGR2/MGR3) years experience mentoring and leading engineers
- VueJS or ReactJS or AngularJS
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Experience with native app development and deployment
- E-commerce experience
- Full-stack experience
- A11y (Accessibility)
- iOS / Android
- Cloud services such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, etc)
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.