Development Manager at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
- Work with implementation teams to automate and ensure best practices on new infrastructure deployments
- Coordinate with architecture group to design, implement, maintain, and own cross-team tools and solutions
- Collaborate with development teams to implement adaptable CI/CD pipelines from existing workflows
- Develop technical tools and solutions that help build, deploy, and automate
- Contribute to infrastructure as code projects; review submissions from development and operations teams
- Deliver complete solutions and systems: consistent, optimized, resilient, documented, secure
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 1-3 years of software development experience
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Masters Degree preferred
- Experience building infrastructure as code with configuration management suites, preferably salt stack
- Deep understanding of software development lifecycle concepts
- Experience developing on CD/CI automation platforms such as Jenkins
- Knowledgeable in programming concepts and languages such as Python or Java
- Experience scripting and automating with languages such as Bash
- Experience developing with version control systems (e.g. git)
- Experience working in a hybrid cloud environment.
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.