Development Operations Engineer at ScoutRFP, a Workday Company
!Sorry, this job was removed at 12:26 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, January 8, 2020
Scout is the sourcing and supplier engagement platform trusted by procurement teams to streamline their process, manage a unified pipeline of projects, and collaborate with stakeholders and suppliers. Scout’s powerful platform drives profitability and makes enterprise commerce faster, less risky, and more transparent, giving CPOs the tools they need to transform their organizations.
Over 250 global brands trust Scout to provide greater visibility across stakeholders and suppliers, centralize core processes, measure effectiveness, and make procurement teams crazy successful by delivering better business outcomes. Our simple, effective interface enables companies to streamline supplier selection, manage vendors, centralize data, and make more informed purchasing decisions, faster.
At Scout, DevOps will work with developers, QA, CS and product to assist in the issues that are related to the infrastructure of the Scout which is supported through Amazon Web Services. The AWS services that we use daily include but are not limited to Elastic Beanstalk, Cloudfront, RDS, VPC, subnets, routing, nacl, security groups, ECS, EKS, API Gateway, and Lambda. DevOps takes part in management, security and reliability of the all the company environments and sites.
How you'll contribute to our success:
- Work closely with development, product, QA and assist them to ensure that our infrastructure is functional and efficient related to all of our internal teams, as well as our external customers
- Working on big picture, forward-looking processes and additions for our infrastructure with a long-term view
- Work on improving and monitoring security in all of our development & production environments
- Work to improve our CI/CD using GitLab
- Experience implementing and maintaining infrastructure for web applications hosted on AWS
- Docker experience and familiarity with container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, AWS ECS services
- Familiarity and experience with one or multiple scripting languages such as Ruby, Bash, Python and a strong desire to learn and work in new languages
- Configuration management experience using tools such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience building, optimizing and automating CI/CD workflows and skills in server administration, server hardening, and general debugging
- Experience in working with Git as a SCM system
- Familiarity with industry standard compliance certifications like ISO 27001, SSAE 16, NIST 800
Nice to have:
- Ability to thrive in a startup/fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in a DevOps reliability role
- Experience being in an on-call rotation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- BS/MS in computer science or related technical fields
- Our application is built on Ruby on Rails
- We take full advantage of Postgres with a trigger-based time machine, SQL views, and a willingness to drop from ActiveRecord to raw SQL when it makes sense
- We’re really enjoying React and Redux with ES6 and SCSS. Frontend code is unit-tested using Jest and Enzyme and cleanliness is maintained using latest approaches (ESLint, AirBnB style guide, Prettier)
- Sidekiq, Redis, ElasticSearch and websockets definitely play their parts
Mission: Our mission is to make enterprise commerce faster, less risky, and more transparent.
Competition: We compete with legacy data, spreadsheets and even pen and paper. We are an intuitive, cloud-based software that helps procurement professionals source fast and make a bigger business impact.
Smart and sustainable growth: We are rapidly growing, and very intentional about planning for future growth. The money goes into the business and continues to build and bring the best product possible to market.
Benefits: Medical, dental and vision coverage. Unlimited PTO. Health Savings Accounts. 401(k) plan. Pre-tax commuter benefits. Retirement plan. Lunch twice a week. Fully stocked kitchen. We are always evaluating our options to do what we can to bring the best to our employees.
Transparency: Lots of companies say it, few of them actually live it. We live transparency every day - just ask a Scout employee to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Scout RFP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Read Full Job Description