If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewMotorola Solutions Inc.
- Install, configure, and administer databases, including, but not limited to, Oracle, MS SQL, and Open source technologies such as MySQL, MongoDB, and Postgresql.
- Set up and maintain databases in the development, test, and production environments.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, technology upgrades, and system resource optimization.
- Develop prototypes and proof of concept solutions.
- Prepare effort estimates, low-level execution plans, and delivery schedules.
- Develop and maintain documentation for assigned projects including install guide, and troubleshooting guide.
- Track the latest database solutions in the industry to drive technology refresh.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues, perform regular log analysis, and monitor security to identify any possible intrusions.
- Liaise with the Infrastructure team, Application team, Architecture team, and third parties, as necessary.
- In connection with the above duties, apply knowledge and/or skills of Oracle Database administration 10g/11g/12C; 18C MS SQL Server, My SQL, and PostgreSQL; AWS; Real Application Clusters /Maximum Availability Architecture (MAA); Data Encryption and Data Masking; Database vault/Audit vault; Disaster Recovery Solutions; and Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS).
- Master of Science + 3 years experience.
Referral Payment PlanNo
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.