DevOps Engineer Apprenticeship at Fetch Rewards
Candidates must be located in the US to work for Fetch Rewards. This is a 3 month Apprenticeship to Perm hire opportunity. We seek candidates that can work full time. You must be able to work ASAP. This is not a summer program. You must also be living in the US. Thank you for your time.
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years we’ve grown from 0 to 13M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer. This position can be based remotely in the United States or hybrid in Birmingham, Boston, Chicago, Madison, New York, and San Francisco.
Fetch’s next step in evolving the shopping experience will require a DevOps Engineer, Apprenticeship. You will build, deploy, and monitor highly performant backend services. This position is responsible for writing software and guiding technical direction, enabling colleagues at Fetch to do great things. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems and design & implement an appropriate solution with limited guidance.In your tool-bag:
- Ability to read and write extensible code (Go, Python, Java)
- Ability to troubleshoot large scale production systems and explain both short and long-term solutions with trade-offs
- Effective communication, including the ability to translate and explain technical details
- Comfort with being uncomfortable, appetite for learning as you go
- Demonstrated history of technical know-how (might be a degree in a technical field, work history, personal projects)
- Interest in supporting others and working collaboratively to reach common goals
- Desire to build extendable applications/systems for internal engineering teams
- Microservices and modern cloud architecture (virtualization, networking, databases, message queueing)
- Concepts behind highly available, scalable, fault-tolerant infrastructure
- Continuous build and deployment tools and practices
- Troubleshooting nebulous problems, diving into error logs
- Source controlled code and collaborative engineering
- Ability to develop software (Go, Java, Python)
- Knowledge of containers and orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, ArgoCD)
- Modern monitoring and telemetry methodologies (OpenTelemetry, Grafana)
- OSI model
- Candidates must be located in the US to work for Fetch Rewards