DevOps Engineer II at Vivid Seats
This position is open to fully-remote candidates who can work from anywhere in the United States and Canada. Candidates also have the option to work from one of our office locations in Chicago or Toronto.
Who we are: Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago's top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will own the reliability, efficiency, and speed of our delivery pipeline. Your top priority will be ensuring our product teams can get their software to production as quickly and safely as possible.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- As part of the DevOps team, you will work closely with the software engineers, quality engineers, and product owners to understand their needs and optimize their productivity.
- Collaborate and show desire to support our engineering teams and bring a customer service-focused mindset to our DevOps practice.
- Utilize tools and processes that help our teams iterate more quickly without sacrificing precision or reliability.
- Build automation and tooling to enable autonomy and ensure safety. Currently, we are excited about things like Jenkins 2, Helm, and pipelines-as-code.
How your role expectations will progress as a DevOps Engineer in the first 30, 90, and 180 days:
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you'll contribute to providing great experiences for our customers.
- Acclimate to team and company norms, business objectives, and Vivid Seats values.
- Develop basic understanding of applications, tech stack, and development process.
90 days in
- Enhance our approaches, methods, or technologies to mitigate risks and improve efficiencies.
- Build, maintain, and leverage internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
- Apply technical learnings that align with the product roadmap to overall department and organizational goals that drive company initiatives forward.
- Contribute to team planning, estimations and software design sessions.
180 days in
- Design and implement process improvements that positively impacts the team.
- Mentor others, playing an active role in elevating the skill sets of those you work with.
- Guide the team's work so that it fits into the larger team and engineering group objectives.
- Produce and deliver clean, correct code that drives team and company tech goals forward.
- Improve efficiency in core systems and applications managed by the team and contribute to engineering group objectives.
What You'll Bring:
- A proven track record designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines and pipelines-as-code (we use Jenkins).
- Proven experience working in a Linux-based environment.
- Experience building tools and automating processes (we like Bash and Python).
- Familiarity with containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Amazon ECS.
- Familiarity with configuration-as-code tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
- A passion for automation, optimization, productivity.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.