DevOps Engineer II at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse the Aisles-
DevOps Engineer team has Site Reliability Engineering function at Peapod Digital Labs which is responsible for taking applications to production and providing early support for applications in production. SRE's will have a deep understanding of how applications function and are able to change applications for production quality and high degree of operational reliability. Understands automation and how it is best applied to reach a continuous delivery goal. SREs will be working on longer-term engagements with application teams to push applications into production or manage major refactoring.
We use a combination of managed and self-hosted approaches. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the engineering organization in areas of standardized automated infrastructure and service provisioning and orchestration, service-oriented architectural excellence, and forward-looking planning and execution of large technical projects.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
- Performs all roles in managing, automating, and improving software deployments & system operations
- Builds automation scripts capable of operating solutions with minimal manual maintenance
- Ensure the reliability, availability, and performance of applications
- Monitor CI/CD pipelines and testing systems for applications
- Work with Release Manager and development teams to deploy software releases
- Provide on-call support for production applications
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Strong engineering skills
- Proficiency in programming languages
- Strong understanding of Linux system administration, and automation
- Management of cloud infrastructure solutions including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) based systems
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins, Terraform, SALT, Kubernetes (AKS), Azure, VMWare, Splunk, Docker, Python, Bitbucket, SonarQube
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and applications
- Working with monitoring tool sets and custom alerting, log analysis
- Eagerness to learn and work outside your technology comfort zone
- Ability to be self-motivated, independent, and detail-oriented
- Follow the Agile (more specifically Scrum) working methodologies
- Collaborate with team members from Product, Development, QA, Security and Ops
- Focus on making yourself and those around you great
- Motivation with an emphasis on team performance
- Knowledge of VueJS, Java, PostgreSQL, Kotlin, SQL, AngularJS, Pentaho, Informix
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.