DEVOPS ENGINEER, LEAD at Epsilon
We may be the most important Internet company you’ve never heard of. Join our team for your chance to work in the digital marketing space and solve meaningful problems on a massive scale—and have fun doing it.
We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic DevOps Team Lead to join our team in Chicago. As a Devops Team Lead at Conversant you will manage workflow for a team of engineers utilizing Agile methodologies. This is a hands-on position so you will also be writing automation code and designing architecture that enables our production environment to process billions of ads transactions a day.
- Manage Sprint planning and coordination with Project Managers in multiple teams.
- Manage capacity upgrades and migrations for the production environment, both on-prem and AWS.
- Participate in the design and execution of significant platform architecture changes.
- Perform upgrade and administer OS, software development tool and web app server on various build system infrastructure servers.
- Collaborate with peers and external engineering teams in gathering software build and release deployment cycle requirements.
- Provide services and support to developers in infrastructure, maintaining CI/CD systems etc.
- Adhere to best software development standards and practices. And help to drive improvements to our build system scripts, tools and processes.
- Proven ability to lead small, multi-disciplinary teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong understanding of scaling issues relating to reverse-proxy solutions.
- Strong experience with Docker and cloud environments.
- Strong working knowledge of the continuous integration development process and experience with any well-known CI platforms.
- Demonstrated expertise in configuration management and orchestration tools for system and application configuration (ex. Puppet, Salt or Ansible).
- Experience working in hybrid cloud environments.
- Experience with Terraform, Packer and Consul.
- Strong experience with Git Version Control System, including understanding of Git workflow strategies. Experience with management of Git services and Git-Enterprise a plus.
- Scripting / programming experience in one or more of the following technologies or other equivalent: Java, Python or Ruby
- Participate in engineering, deploying, and maintaining new solutions and services for internal customers.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux based operating systems. Redhat/CentOS preferred.
- Experience with high level programming language such as C++, Scala, Perl
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment concepts and tools and technologies such as Bamboo, Make, Maven, Gradle, SBT, Node, NPM, RHEL/CentOS, postgres db, Nexus, Artifactory, Sonar, Git, JIRA, Confluence, Stash/Bitbucket, RPM
- Experience with configuration management orchestration tools (chef, ansible, salt, packer, terraform).
- Experience with containerization technology such as docker, docker-compose, docker swarm