DevOps Engineer (Remote) at Paylocity
As a DevOps Engineer, you will support, develop and maintain tools and processes surrounding our Software-asa-Service (SaaS) cloud-based Payroll and HR products across multiple development, staging and production environments, and provide support to development teams producing our software products. You will assist product development teams to provision, deploy, configure, and monitor the software they create, and partner with other DevOps Engineers to develop and improve tools and processes that empower teams to work faster and easier, on their own. You?will collaborate with members of many teams (particularly software development and security) to implement new applications, features, and environments; to upgrade existing systems; to troubleshoot and resolve issues; and to implement security measures to keep software development, delivery, and execution fast, safe, and working at top performance.
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about automating processes and systems that make it fast and easy to provide great software to our customers
- Likes interacting with other teams to ensure they are enabled to do the work they need to do
- A natural problem solver that can quickly troubleshoot and remediate problems
- Detail-oriented, collaborative, and self-motivated
During your first three months at Paylocity, you will:
- Support, implement, and maintain automated build and deployment pipeline tools; source and artifact repositories; SaaS product environments; and application telemetry, monitoring, alerting and logging platforms. Different sub-teams may put additional emphasis on one or more of the areas above.
- Identify process problems and propose, design, and help implement solutions
- Work with other teams who needed assistance with deployments, configurations, stability, performance, and issue resolution
- Cross-train team-members
- Prepare and maintain clear documentation of systems, how to resolve operational issues, and how to perform team tasks
- Provide on-call support for emergencies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, technology related field or equivalent experience required
- Previous experience? (ideally 2+ yrs.) administering and maintaining deployment pipelines, server farms, and environments, and/or monitoring and alerting solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot deployment and configuration issues and implement solutions
- Experience in an agile environment
- Has maintained a positive and inclusive collaborative relationship with peers and management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including creating documentation for consumption by teammates
- Experience and proficiency with some or all of: Automated deployment tools (e.g., Octopus Deploy or Urban Code Deploy), CI tools (e.g., TeamCity or Jenkins), SCM tools (e.g., BitBucket or GitHub), Artifact repository systems (e.g., Artifactory or Nexus), Infrastructure-as-Code or Configuration Management tools (e.g., Ansible, Chef, or Terraform), Telemetry, monitoring, alerting, and logging tools (e.g., ELK, Splunk, AppDynamics, LogicMonitor, and/or NewRelic), Scripting tools (e.g., Powershell or Bash)