DevOps Engineer at Echo Global Logistics
At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
As a DevOps Engineer, you will work closely with Echo’s Infrastructure teams to ensure smooth delivery and maintenance of developed applications into production. This role will assist and guide the Operations teams to learn and adopt continuous delivery practices and efficient use of tools to accomplish their goals. As technical problems arise, you will partner with Operations team to find solutions. Additionally this role will work with the Operations Engineers to refine and improve the tools that and procedures that Echo Global Logistics uses to improve operational excellence across all of IT.
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Ruby, Python, Bash, or similar
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including writing technical documentation
- Basic knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing, firewalls, etc.
- Build, deployment, and orchestration technologies (such as SCCM, terraform, Kubernetes, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Artifactory, Vagrant)
- Open source middleware services (such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, Redis, Elasticsearch, Consul)
- Understanding of object-oriented programming techniques (with .NET, Java, Ruby, or a similar language) throughout the software development lifecycle; including unit testing, debugging, compilation, integration, and deployment
- Virtualization platforms such as Microsoft Hyper-V or VMWare ESXi
- Experienced with administrative tasks on Windows Server and Linux
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other
office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.