Ocient is searching for an experienced DevOps Engineer with strong problem-solving skills and a passion for solving
hard problems to help maintain and expand Ocient's "as a service" offering of its cutting-edge data warehouse.
- Assist with design and operations of our hosted offerings of the Ocient DB and related services, such as message queues and storage systems, ensuring all services are highly-available, high performance, and efficient.
- Design and maintain monitoring, log centralization, and alerting for all services to facilitate observability and incident management.
- Automate deployment and configuration Linux-based servers, including the OS and the numerous applications that compose our hosted offerings.
- Develop and maintain rigorous security practices to protect our applications and customer data.
- Assist with automation of testing pipelines for the Ocient DB and monitoring of test infrastructure.
- 2+ years of experience in system administration in production environments.
- Scripting experience with Bash, Python, or other languages.
- Experience with system and software monitoring and alerting tools, such as the ELK stack, Graylog, InfluxDB, Prometheus, Zabbix, Grafana, Dynatrace, or others.
- Experience with configuration management software such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Experience with data archiving, backup and disaster recovery.
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment experience with Jenkins, Gitlab CI or others.
- Experience with source control tools like Git.
- Ability to work flexible hours and serve in on call rotations.
- Knowledge of OWASP principles for application security.
- Experience with server / system virtualization and containerization technologies e.g., ProxMox, KVM, VMware.
- Experience with SQL and Database Administration.
- Experience managing and operating cloud infrastructure. (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with SSAE18 SOC2 Compliance.
- Experience with networking administration, including VPN, proxy, DNS, and firewall configuration.
Read Full Job Description