DevOps Engineer at Syndigo
Syndigo DevOps team is hiring! Our DevOps engineers build, test and maintain the infrastructure and tools to allow for the speedy development and release of software. Further, the role of Syndigo DevOps engineer combines aspects of a technical role with an IT operations role – providing support & analysis services for production systems, while working side-by-side with the development, engineering, and product teams.
This is a full-time, direct-hire role with Syndigo and can be a fully remote position based anywhere in the United States.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions.
- Professional experience in a DevOps role using Kubernetes and Azure
- Efficiency within a Linux environment
- System administration experience & awareness of basic networking principals
- Excellent teamworking and communication skills
- Knowledge of programming languages & solid scripting skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Awareness of DevOps and Agile principles.
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch and/or Jenkins helpful