Founded in 2014 and having grown to 90 global team members, Supernova offers the industry’s first and only cloud-based, fully customizable, end-to-end software solution to automate securities-based lending (SBL) from origination through the life of the loan. By combining thought leadership in suitability and risk management with industry-leading education and the latest technology, Supernova enables advisors to deliver holistic, goals-based advice and to help their clients achieve financial wellness. We partner with the industry’s largest banks, most prominent insurance companies and leading online brokerages to democratize access to securities-based lending and better the entire financial ecosystem.
Supernova is seeking an AWS DevOps Engineer to build highly scalable, reliable and secured enterprise-level DevOps platform to support frequent product delivery. You will be responsible for designing and implementing cloud-based infrastructure with high scalability and elasticity.
As a member of our operations engineering team, you will deploy, monitor, and troubleshoot our technology platform to the financial services firms we serve. Unlike other companies, we don’t want engineers who only aspire to write the best code; we want engineers who aspire to use their skills to build the best business. Our business is about innovation. Our business is about leading the debate. A passion for our business helps enable our team members to be leaders in innovation and debate.
To succeed at Supernova, you need to have boundless curiosity and be a relentless learner. You must be intelligent, have great analytical skills, and pay close attention to detail. In addition, you need to be calm under pressure, possess great work ethic and communicate well. You are not a person who accepts the mundane and you constantly push for a higher standard. You are proactive, you are open to new ideas, and you hunger for personal feedback.
- Implement cloud-based network and security architecture
- Work with development team leaders to create and maintain internal security policies and code standards.
- Detect, analyze and solve production issues
- Deploy software in a repeatable and documented way
- Capture and maintain documentation of specifications, process, systems, and procedures
- Practice continuous improvement by identifying and removing single points of failure or unnecessary redundancies
- Support systems and review audit logs to identify existing problems
- Provide on-call support 24x7 on an as-needed basis
- Implement system and application monitoring for custom requirements and application up-time with the intent of maximizing platform reliability
- Willingness to contribute to a small team in ways that surpass initial job requirements
- Minimal/occasional assistance with small-office IT support
- 4+ years of Devops experience
- Experience with Build, Deploy, and Release
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Experience with data security compliance audits and remediation
- Experience documenting system configurations
Read Full Job Description