Kin + Carta is looking for a DevOps Engineer with a system engineering and development background to join our growing team. This is a new position at Kin + Carta, and you’ll be helping to continue building out this client offering.Responsibilities
- Build code delivery pipelines that bake in quality and security and automate everything that can be done around software delivery
- Add robust monitoring, alerting and logging, and automating triage activities as much as possible
- Help project teams build applications that are reliable and meet performance metrics
- Measure and track performance for the client project team
- Automate the deployment of infrastructure
- Bring a software engineering mindset to infrastructure creation and management, while applying the best operational views to ensure security, scalability and compliance
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 3+ years of experience in core programming
- 3+ years of experience in at least one of the following: data center architecture, operational services, client-facing interactions, automation or cloud platforms
- 1+ year of experience working with a scripting language, including but not limited to: Python, Golang, Bash, and/or Powershell
- 1+ year of experience automating IT Operations processes with various tools
- 1+ year of experience in a cloud or cloud-like environment including, but not limited to Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, Red Hat Openshift, VMware Tanzu
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment with individuals locally and distributed globally
- Experience automating IT Operations processes via automated pipelines using common scripting languages including Shell, Python, Golang or Ruby
- Experience with configuration/cluster management technologies including Kubernetes, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Heroku buildpacks, BOSH or Ansible
- Experience in creating infrastructure as code (ie Terraform, Jenkins DSL with Groovy)
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics.
- Proactive inclination to break down complex problems into steps that drive customer value
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.