CapTech is a national IT management consulting firm that bridges the gap between business and technology. We partner with some of the world's most successful companies to design, develop, and manage technical and digital solutions that delight customers, drive insights, and meet strategic objectives.
At CapTech, you’ll experience a flat organizational structure based upon a culture of mutual respect. Here, your career path isn’t set in stone, and you have unlimited potential for growth and the resources to help you achieve your career goals. If you are creative, technically insightful, driven–and have a passion for the work that we do, then you might be a future CapTecher.
For over five years, we have been in the Top 10 of Consulting Magazine’s Best Firms to Work For, including #2 for IT Firms and #5 for Work/Life Balance. We are also recognized by Vault.com’s Top 50 Consulting Firms and have been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies for over 10 years.
As a DevOps engineer you will work within the engineering team to drive the way we deploy, verify and monitor applications and services. In addition to hands-on systems engineering, you will work with all stakeholders to help define DevOps processes and shape the development culture. You will assist in the ongoing improvement of continuous integration tools, environment provisioning and development workflows. You will ensure that we have appropriate levels of monitoring and alerting set up for all our applications across our mix of physical servers, private cloud and public cloud.
- Build a strong relationship with the development teams to understand the code, its dependencies and the infrastructure on which it runs
- Build and maintain systems that will monitor all aspects of the application and the infrastructure
- Help the development team with deployment strategy and capacity planning across development, QA, staging and production environments
- Work with the development team to deploy and manage tools that support SDLC automation, configuration management and release management
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Must be very comfortable working with both developers and system administrators
- Experience with source code management tools such as Subversion and Git
- Proficiency in cross-platform scripting languages and build tools (ANT, Artifactory, Groovy, Maven, MSBuild, Nexus, NuGet)
- Experience deploying and administering Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, TFS, TeamCity or Bamboo
- Strong understanding and be experience operating in an agile development environment
- Sound knowledge of administrative best practices for application servers, database servers and 3rd party appliances
- Experience with automated testing solutions for unit testing, integration testing and system testing
- Proficiency in at least 1 object oriented programming language such as Java or C#
- Understanding of strategies for providing high availability and security
- Ability to define scalable CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of deployment strategies using Docker for containerization
- Understanding of infrastructure automation solutions (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, CloudFormation etc.)
- Experience with XaaS a plus (Amazon Web Services, Azure, OpenShift) a plus
- Experience with quality assessment tools (SonarQube, PMD, FindBugs, Checkstyle, etc.) a plus
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Must be self-directed and thrive in a fast paced and collaborative culture
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture that filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations. All positions include the possibility of trave
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.