Sphera, the former Operational Excellence and Risk Management business of IHS Inc. is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability processes. Our software allows customers to automate processes, monitor emissions, ensure regulatory compliance, and track chemical inventory throughout a manufacturing cycle. We were recently spun off by IHS and acquired by Genstar Capital, essentially positioning us as a start-up tech company with $100 million in annual revenue and over 3000 customers in 70+ countries.
At Sphera, it is more than just a job. If you are looking to help change the world and challenge status quo while growing your career, you might find some interesting opportunities to pursue whether for you or to refer a colleague.
This role will be a system administrator on our DevOps team managing a SaaS platform. This role will provide you with the opportunity to learn about new DevOps technologies. SpheraCloud is a multi-tenant cloud SaaS platform supporting thousands of users 24x7. The candidate will join the team with responsibility for maintaining the hosting servers, networks and application stack. This will include application deployment, monitoring, fault finding and debugging.
Skills and Experience
· Hands on experience being in a similar role, working in enterprise organisations
· Experience of working in an agile software development life cycle
· Strong knowledge of both Microsoft and Linux server environments
· Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
· Familiarity with Team Foundation Server and/or VSTS
· Strong knowledge of IIS configuration and management
· Experience with server builds configuration and remote management
· Working knowledge of local and wide area networking and associated technologies, e.g. switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs
· Good understanding of Virtualisation technologies, with hands on experience of VMWare or Hyper-V
· Scripting skills with at least one of following: PowerShell, Bash
· Understanding of security principles
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar area of study
· Knowledge of configuration management (Chef, Puppet, etc) and service orchestration tools
· Familiarity with public cloud service management systems and APIs, including AWS and Azure
· Experience with cloud-based application deployment and dynamic scaling
· Shell scripting skills and/or configuration management skills.
· Knowledge of version control / source code management tools desirable
The role will be based in the Chicago, US office, although the role includes working with the DevOps team in the UK and US locations and dealing with colleagues in our other global offices on occasion.