At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software company in a category of its own.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future – enabling our customers to be employers of choice for their employees and supervisors.
Our Product & Technology organization nurtures a dynamic agile work environment full of talented individuals with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds working in small squads around a shared mission. Guided by our development principles, and a passion for compelling software, we come together to deliver great products and make Paylocity an exciting place to work.
The DevOps Engineer will handle application deployments of our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) cloud-based Payroll and HR products across multiple development, staging and production environments. The job responsibilities include developing, executing deployment scripts/processes while troubleshooting application or environment issues and re-mediating them. This position will act as a liaison between many teams, particularly with software development and operations, to coordinate implementing new applications, upgrading existing applications or building out new automated processes to better support software development teams. This role supports all aspects of the software development process including continuous integration platforms, source control, automated tests and release management.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about developing the best deployment processes and providing an incredible customer experience
- An advocate for the many teams we serve
- An advocate for best practices within continuous integration, release management, and improvement of our software delivery lifecycle
- A natural problem solver that can quickly troubleshoot remediate application or environment issues
- Able to work with both software development and operations
- Able to coordinate and implement new applications
- Able to balance long term projects with daily duties
How we work:
- Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
- Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
- Customers at the center of everything we do
- Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
What we offer:
- A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
- Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
- A phenomenal culture that keeps getting better
- College degree or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of experience in Windows operating system/platforms hopefully in a virtualized environment
- Knowledge in one or more of the following technologies - ASP.NET/MVC/IIS/SQL Server/PowerShell
- Experienced in application deployment processes and various supporting tools
- Knowledge and or experience using and managing source control systems such as TFS or Git
- Knowledge and or experience administrating and use of continuous integration platforms such as TeamCity
- Ability to troubleshoot deployment and configuration issues and applying solutions
- Understanding of firewalls, load balancers, and networking concepts is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analyze current processes and procedures to seek improvements
- Evaluate emerging automation technologies and their potential applications
- Able to work on off hours and weekends as the need arise (such as Production release)
During the last three months, you would have:
- Automated manual, repetitive tasks through Powershell
- Implemented a solution in a preferred development language
- Administered or developed a deployment pipeline
- Identified current process improvements and proposed improvements
- Built effective cross-team relationships
- Acted in a service capacity solving technical issues
- Identified how to improve and worked toward that goal
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2014, 2017, 2018
- Glassdoor Highest Rated CEO's 2014, 2017
- CIO Applications Top 25 HR Technology Solution Providers 2017
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2013-2017
- DC Digital Top Work Places 2016-2017
- 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in Chicago 2008-2017
- Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago 2012-2017
- Best Places to Work Idaho 2017
- Best Places to Work Orlando Business Journal 2016-2017
- Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation 2014, 2017
At Paylocity, our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours / remote opportunities
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Spoiler alert: We’re currently ranked #20 on their Best Places to Work list, and have also won Chicago’s 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, and Crain’s Fast 50, just to name a few.
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.