Join us to make a difference and deliver results across the organization and for our clients. As the first DevOps Engineer at Perkspot, there is plenty of room for growth and experience for the right, highly motivated person.
At PerkSpot, we work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees. These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 700 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing. Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. As we enter our twelfth year, we’re proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we’re committed to doing more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform.
A successful candidate will have:
- B.S preferred, in Computer Science of related discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in a full-time development and/or operations role.
- 3+ years of experience with cloud Infrastructure (preferably Azure).
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience working with and optimizing database technologies (SQL and NoSQL).
- Experience with messaging technologies.
- Experience with monitoring, logging, and analytics tools (PagerDuty, New Relic, DataDog).
- Experience implementing CI/CD frameworks.
- Experience managing common security controls.
- 2-3 years experience with system engineering/administration on Windows.
- 1-2 years experience with configuration management tools.
A successful candidate will:
- Assist with the design, implementation, and maintenance of public cloud-based infrastructures on Rackspace, Azure.
- Help to design a complete infrastructure migration from Rackspace to Microsoft Azure.
- Designs architectures that account for cost concerns, availability and scalability needs, and performance guidelines.
- Implement and optimize the CI/CD pipeline while accounting for re-usability, performance, and security.
- Evaluate existing architecture and make recommendations to improve availability, scalability, and cost.
- Improve deployment automation of infrastructure and services as well as improving the scalability of the infrastructure in general
- Standardize and secure Windows-based server infrastructure.
- Able to support on-call rotation, along with engineers.
Your First Month
- Meet the team. Culture is huge at PerkSpot. Take this time to meet the team and learn the ins and outs of the business, and gain a better understanding of all the stakeholders
- Familiarize yourself with the applications, systems, and tools.
- Transition all DevOps tasks away from the engineering team.
- Learn how we get things done at PerkSpot -- raise the bar!
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a team of forty people working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly all-company get-togethers on Fridays where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.