McDonald's is looking for a DevOps Engineer based out of our West-Loop Global Headquarters. As a DevOps Engineer at McDonald's, you will partner with application and product teams, cloud architects and other engineers to clarify expectations, apply standards and best-practices, and drive the delivery of infrastructure solutions and services using a variety of automation capabilities, into our Azure and AWS cloud environments.
This job might be a fit for you if you possess the following skills:
· Do you have hands-on experience and a passion for building complex solutions with cloud services?
· Do you know how to balance a strong results-orientation with continuous improvement in process and capability?
· Are you a creative problem solver who stays on top of the cloud and automation spaces, and constantly looks for ways to apply new tools and practices?
You will be successful if you have:
· 1-3 years experience building cloud infrastructure and automation solutions
· Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
If in possession of these skills, you're a rock star:
· Operations and/or Architecture Certification in AWS and/or Azure
· Strong technical, development-focused background with experience building applications using cloud-native services, especially serverless frameworks and tools
· Hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS container creation, management and orchestration technologies
· Experience with network and security standards and operations
· Thorough understanding of all facets of the Software Development Lifecycle, including Agile development practices
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who craft delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy.
At McDonald's, we are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. We see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners. We will continue to pursue big, global initiatives while remaining excellent neighbors and supporters of our local communities.
We are moving fast and are building a world-class team to help us. This means that McDonald's is looking for innovators, leaders, sprinters who are focused on creating memorable experiences for our customers, employees, and partners. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have an impact around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In this role, you are responsible for:
· Analyzing new solution requests, soliciting and clarifying non-functional requirements and formulating designs to rapidly deliver solutions in a fast-paced, multi-vendor, cloud-first environment
· Building automation pipelines and components using Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, MS Azure DevOps, Git, and various scripting languages and APIs to implement solutions in Azure and AWS
· Designing and developing innovation POCs utilizing fast fail concepts
· Using own domain expertise and appropriate partners to evolve infrastructure and automation standards that improve time to market, economics, and brand protection for global technology solutions
· Creating and maintaining solution documentation