At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Centralizes operational activities that allow developers to focus their time on delivering business functionality. Functions focus on critical and key core teams when applicable. Activities focus on functions that go on prior to functionality being released into production. Leads in implementing and standardizing CI/CD tooling across the Agile teams.
- Develops platform reporting, dash boarding, and logging infrastructure. Proactively monitors applications against thresholds. Operational Design/Architecture Input. Manages vendor relationships. Owns technical design package development and drives the approval process. Owns platform financials.
- Application subject matter expert. Understands the application, end-to-end data flows, expert on platform resiliency, and application technology big picture view. Strong business knowledge of technical solution and strong peer relationship with vendors and/or application team.
- Leads the effort to automate test cases and works with DevOps Automation Team.
- Tests planning and execution, works to streamline Integration/UAT and Regression testing, and builds a stronger application knowledge and reduces execution handholding. Uses next-generation test automation tools.
- Environment “as built” documentation, for example, app eng drawings, data flows, etc. Develops documents, including management reporting, audit documentation, and product roadmaps within standards.
- Continuous integration champion and delivery development. Processes automated testing validation services. Determines how to leverage automated infrastructure. Creates automation and small enhancements.
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.