DevOps Engineer at Cameo
Our mission is to create the most personalized and authentic fan experiences in the world. We're a marketplace where fans can book personalized video shoutouts from their favorite people. We've helped create over 500,000 moments for our customers and built a marketplace for over 20,000 talent to connect with their biggest fans. We’re breaking down the exclusivity myth of celebrity by building personal relationships between fans and talent.
Cameo is one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For and also recognized on TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies list. We are a global company, headquartered in Chicago, IL in the Fulton Market neighborhood and HQ2 in Venice, CA.
We recently closed our Series B round led by Kleiner Perkins who has backed other tech giants including Google, Spotify, and Amazon. Join our team and be able to experience a rocketship from its early days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and help shape the direction of the next great tech company.
About the role:
You will be helping us improve & scale the platform that connects fans and talent to create the perfect video shoutout. In particular, you will help us make sure we can support our growing fan base securely and performantly.
As a DevOps engineer, you will be working across multiple technologies, primarily our backend API (node.js + express), database (mongoDB), and infrastructure (Heroku + Redis + AWS + Compose).
- You will collaborate with our sales and data teams to make the talent experience fun and engaging, and help us deliver that perfect Cameo.
- You’ll take part in the planning process for the growth of Cameo’s infrastructure
- Drive the design, continuously build and maintain the core infrastructure used by Cameo’s engineering teams
- Become well versed with Cameo’s tech stack allowing you to debug production issues at all levels of the stack
- You will help drive a DevOps mindset and culture across the engineering organization
A few things about yourself:
- You take pride in your work
- You have a strong product sense
- You are a doer who is comfortable with ambiguity
- 3+ years building + scaling web applications and infrastructure
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring and/or observability
Things we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- Experience with Heroku or AWS
- Experience with CI/CD
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (Mongo)
- Familiarity with Redis & Elasticsearch
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.