DevOps Engineer at Fetch Rewards
At Fetch Rewards, we have two sayings that sum up the ethos of our organization launched in 2013:
Defeat the Odds!
Our vision is to leverage technology to transform shopping into an engaging, rewarding, and delightful experience, ultimately propelling the time-worn grocery shopping experience into the 21st century. Our technology platform, based around a free smartphone app, ensures that users have the best shopping experience possible. Headquartered in Madison, Wi with offices in Chicago, Denver and New York, we pride ourselves on two things -- the caliber of our work and the scope of our ambition.
This role can be based in either Madison or Chicago.
You will build, deploy, manage and monitor highly performant backend services. This is a key leadership position, responsible for writing software and guiding technical direction. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems and design & develop an appropriate solution with little to no assistance.
In your toolbag:
- Experience managing highly available and scalable hosting solutions in a micro-service environment
- Experience building extendable applications/systems for internal engineering teams
- Experience designing and building complex multi-region network architectures
- Understand the complexity and failure domains of micro-services and distributed architectures
- Ability to troubleshoot large scale production systems and explain both short and long-term solutions with trade-offs.
- Effective communication, including the ability to translate and explain technical issues to non- technical team members.
You have experience with
- Modern cloud architecture (virtualization, networking, databases, message queueing)
- Building highly available, scalable, fault-tolerant infrastructure
- Continuous build and deployment tools and practices
- Building and operating software applications (Java, Python, Go)
- Modern monitoring and telemetry methodologies (Graphite)
- OSI model
- Familiarity with OOP and REST principles
- Ability to develop software (C/C++, Java, Python, Go)
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, engineering or mathematical field of study
- Love of Dogs! . . . Or just tolerance. We're a very canine-friendly workplace.