DevOps Engineer at PerkSpot
Help us work directly with America’s best employers to bring joy and gratitude to millions of employees.
We’re looking for a full-time DevOps Engineer to join our well-established Engineering team and help us expand the feature set of our flagship application.
PerkSpot is a benefits company that offers perks and discounts, as well as rewards and recognition, to millions of employees. We work to secure exclusive discounts from top brands like Apple, Target, and Samsung, which are then bundled into one, easy-to-use platform. From there, we partner with some of America’s top employers, like Walgreen’s, McDonald’s, and Lyft, who provide those discounts to employees so they can start to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re working hard to carry out that mission to this day. As we continue, we’re proud of our leadership position in the tech and human resources industry, but we’re committed to doing even more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. We may have started small, but we’ve grown quickly, and proved ourselves and our product while doing so. In 2018, our company announced an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. This next stage of growth will focus on expanding our use of technology – specifically machine learning and AI – to consistently put the right perks in front of the right people, at the right time.
About this Role
The DevOps Engineer is a full-time position within PerkSpot Technology and a member of the DevOps Engineering team. The DevOps Engineer role works closely with Software Engineers to design, build, and maintain our distributed environments, including our hosted applications and our cloud environment.
As a DevOps Engineer, your primary responsibilities will be:
- Work with Software Engineers to integrate, build, and release internal applications
- Maintain PerkSpot’s hosted and cloud environments
- Maintain System and Data Backup strategies
- Manage CI and CD tools
- Work with Software Engineers on source controls tools such as GIT
- Automate manual processes
- Assist on troubleshooting and correcting system and code defects
- Participate in an on-call support rotation
- Participate on design solutions for complex business and application requirements
- Participate in team meetings and be part of the development processes
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve
We are looking for candidates who have 3 - 5 years of .Net, Windows Administration, Azure, and other relevant experience that includes some or all of the following skills:
- Professional background in Microsoft .NET
- Professional background in Microsoft SQL Server
- Professional background in Windows Networking, IIS, Azure
- Strong experience in software release procedures, including CI/CD Pipelines
- Strong experience in source control such as GIT
- Experience in Production Support
- Experience using monitoring tools such as Splunk or Datadog
- Experience with security monitoring and prevention procedures
- Basic experience with scripting tools such as PowerShell
- Understanding of Agile process with emphasis on Stories and Points
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other advanced technical or science degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with cloud-based PaaS/IaaS providers (e.g. Azure, Rackspace, AWS) and working with virtualized systems.
- Competency with T-SQL.
- Scripting skills with experience in PowerShell or similar tools.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We work with millions of users and many of the world’s biggest brands. We take that trust seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a team working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
We’re a team of owners. Every employee is included in our equity program. Given our success, our owners are generally already “in the money” so we are all aligned to ensure our continued business success.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, showers on-site and our own private gym.
In the next stage of our growth, we’re leveraging the power of technology -- particularly machine learning and AI -- to improve the experience of our users.
We hold Friday all-company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.