DevOps Engineer at ThinkMarkets
We’re in search of a DevOps Engineer who can build functional systems that bring our infrastructure, software and operations to new heights. You’ll need to be a very good server / network engineer first. As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll be working to deploy new products and manage our infrastructure, associated processes and systems. It’ll definitely help for you to be detail-oriented and a skilled problem solver, because you’ll also be helping us to streamline our processes—and automating them where applicable.
- Test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
- Establish Infrastructure, monitoring and deployment best practices.
- Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Update our processes and design new processes as needed.
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
- Specifying, documenting and developing new product features, and writing automating scripts.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
- Work with open-source technologies as needed.
- Work with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GIT and/or SVN.
- Offer technical support where needed, developing software for our back-end systems.
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our operations and business to improve.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
- Strong experience with Linux and Windows based infrastructures, Linux and Windows administration.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Perl, TCL/TK, Bash.
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, WorkFront, Scrum/Kanban/SAFe, etc. is a strong plus • Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Experience in working with Puppet, Chef or ansible for automation and configuration.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- More than two years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement.
- Solid team player.