WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including HBO, Disney, Guardian, Burger King, Seamless, Delivery Hero, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020). Our London office has also been Great Place to Work-Certified for 2021 by Great Place to Work UK.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are seeking a DevOps Engineering Manager to join our Automation and Tooling team in New York City. The DevOps team builds and supports the infrastructure products and tooling that power the Braze customer engagement platform. In addition, the DevOps team provides 24/7/365 support of the mission-critical applications and platforms that power Braze's scale.
As a DevOps Engineering Manager overseeing the Automation and Tooling team at Braze, you will tackle a diverse set of projects, tasks, and problems focused around:
- Building tooling to automate infrastructure technologies to create platforms
- Architecting internal infrastructure platforms that drive engineering productivity up
- Working with internal consumers to lower the barriers to infrastructure platforms
- Reducing time spent on manual tasks by automating things such as account provisioning, kubernetes deployments, and incident response
- Driving adoption of internal infrastructure platforms
- Building partnerships with stakeholder teams across the business
- Project management (Agile) best practices and implementation
- Career development for high performance direct reports
- Company wide evangelism and enablement of DevOps best practices and methodologies
WHO YOU ARE
As a DevOps Engineering Manager you will be expected to have the following capabilities:
- 3+ years of experience managing software-focused infrastructure development teams (or related experience with an increasing set of responsibilities)
- Proven ability in people management, SDLC, strategic planning, change management, cost optimization, and project management
- History of growing and mentoring team members with a wide range of experience levels
- Self-motivated individual with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills, and the ability to achieve results across reporting chains
- High level of ownership and accountability for high-quality work, both personally and at a team level
- Resource allocation and management of multiple concurrent projects, some of which with competing priorities
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
Braze is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and making our organization a place for all individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are selected to interview, to request an accommodation either as part of the interview process or during your potential employment with Braze, please let your recruiter know and a member of our People Relations team will follow up with you.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.