DevOps Manager II at Peapod Digital Labs
Browse the Aisles
The DevOps Manager II will lead a team of engineers in working with other groups in the company to establish DevOps oriented software development processes, set and drive automation goals, and help shape our future IT
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Grow and lead a team of DevOps engineers to work with other groups to implement DevOps-centric processes,
tooling, and best practices.
- Recognize process and knowledge gaps and act to reduce them.
- Coordinate closely with the architecture group to design, implement, maintain, and own cross-team tools and
- Develop and maintain performance goals for the team.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 5-7 years professional experience
- In-depth configuration management experience at all levels, preferably with Chef or Saltstack.
- Heavy CI/CD pipeline implementation experience, ideally with Jenkins, Bamboo, or equivalent. Jenkins 2.0, Pipeline, and Groovy is a plus.
- Ability to guide their team and others in helping to plan, map, and implement existing processes into maintainable pipeline code.
- Deep experience with VMware. Bonus points for implementation experience with cloud solutions such as AWS or Azure.
- Deep experience in heterogeneous environments that include Windows, Solaris, GNU/Linux, and OSX systems and servers.
- Must have solid CLI skills and experience.
- In-depth Docker experience is highly desired. Candidate will be helping drive the implementation and
administration for our next-generation container orchestration platform
- Knowledge and experience planning, implementing, and supporting basic network services. Extra
points for experience implementing software-based load balancing solutions using Nginx or haproxy.
- Able to work independently with an understanding of company objectives while adhering to the spirit of best practices.
- Functions as an inspirational leader and have the willingness and capacity to mentor others.
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.