SilkRoad Technology's software and services platform helps our clients attract, retain and align people to their business. Our solutions start with Global Client Services to provide strategic HR and business expertise. SilkRoad Technology then designs secure solutions tailored to business requirements at scale for global companies. We deliver personalized experiences for employees to drive engagement across the employment lifecycle and enable measurable and better business outcomes.
The DevOps Manager is responsible for the availability and performance of SilkRoad Technology products and services. As part of the Engineering team, the DevOps Manager will be involved in deployment, automation, virtualization, monitoring and troubleshooting across SilkRoad services and applications.
Your contributions to SilkRoad will include:
- Owning the DevOps strategy for all SilkRoad products and services.
- Championing DevOps process and ensuring our DevOps strategy is implemented in end-to-end development.
- Discovering ways to improve existing architecture, keeping in mind various automation tools.
- Managing other DevOps engineers and ensuring full efficiency from DevOps process team including developers, QA, and release management.
- Acting as an escalation point for qualified service degradation incidents and background provisioning issues.
- Acting as a knowledgeable expert on configuration management and deployment tools.
- Supporting the implementation of DevOps / Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery for SilkRoad's new product initiatives and existing products.
- Acting as a cloud expert for architecting components, infrastructure, and tools.
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of Configuration Management and Deployment tools.
- Proficient with Git and Git workflows.
- Takes operational responsibility; delegates; raises awareness of projects at risk or people problems.
- Proficient in developing Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines using modern tools such as Jenkins and Octopus.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms.
- Able to deploy, configure, monitor, and diagnose cloud services and SaaS applications.
- Experience with scripting technologies and modern programming languages such as C#, and Powershell.
- Proficient with computer software and MS Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with Azure or other cloud technologies including orchestrating and provisioning.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working with the Microsoft stack, including .NET, SQL Server, IIS, Windows Server 2008+.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as DevOps Engineer.
- Experience with Windows configuration management tools is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or equivalent experience.