DevOps Platform Engineer at Kin + Carta
Solstice is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through groundbreaking digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible digital solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers.
Solstice is looking for a DevOps Platform Engineer with a system engineering and development background to join our growing team in our Cloud Native Practice. This is a new position at Solstice, and you’ll be helping to continue building out this client offering.
As a Pivotal Cloud Partner, Solstice helps highly regulated enterprises enjoy the benefits of the cloud by leveraging individual, secure and private cloud instances using Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
Your background includes:
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment with individuals locally and distributed globally
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required
- Willingness to occasionally travel within the United States (and potentially UK)
- Three or more years experience in data center architecture, delivery and operational services in at least one Cloud IaaS environment (vSphere, AWS, Azure, GCP and OpenStack)
- Experience with hardware/software load balancers including F5, BigIP, AWS, HA Proxy, Nginx, Apache, ELB or Google Cloud Load Balancing
- Experience automating IT Operations processes via automated pipelines using common scripting languages including Shell, Python, Golang or Ruby
- Experience automating pipelines by using continuous delivery tools including Jenkins, Concourse, vRealize Automation, Team City, Bamboo or UrbanCode
- Experience with configuration/cluster management technologies including Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker, Heroku buildpacks, BOSH or Ansible
- System Administrator experience
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics
- Understanding of cloud platform offerings such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, GKE, Azure Service Fabric or similar
- Experience working with NTP, SAML, OAUTH2 or Active Directory
- Proactive inclination to break down complex problems into steps that drive customer value
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Open to a minimum of 80% travel required