DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
To lead production support for CAT Digital and its data platform’s information technology globally for customer and dealer facing digital experience applications, Own all aspects of the global enterprise digital marketing tools, platforms, processes and analytics for Caterpillar and Dealers to support both business and operational aspects of identifying leads and opportunities.
This position is responsible for the strategic direction, tool/platform selection, development and management, process creation and governance, best practice creation and documentation, measurement and analytics, and integration with other online platforms to ensure proper customer journeys and experience in the Caterpillar digital space.
This position manages a team of Level 2 support analysts, operations center staff, DevOps, Site Reliability engineers and suppliers who create and manage the high velocity digital platforms (cloud, web, mobile, etc.), tools, processes and related services which provide enablement (how) and accessibility (self-serve) on appropriate eBusiness tools, processes and templates to both internal (BUs & DSDs) and external partners (dealers and marketing partners) in order to effectively and quickly execute and measure marketing efforts and is responsible for conveying a consistent brand image that attracts customers and drives sales of parts, work tools, solutions, or prime product on the Web.
This position will manage all aspects of production support, they will hire the right talent, determine priorities, initiate root cause and continuous improvement. Will strives to make monitoring and alerting a priority, stays on top of CI/CD, and is willing to work with a flexible work schedule to maximize overlap US-India hours for engagement and execution to deliver our committed service levels
Responsibilities include managing the staff and projects related to developing business and technical solutions and implementing common operating procedures to provide process functionality and the requisite infrastructure to enable effective, efficient, economic services. Directs implementation of hardware and software infrastructure components to maximize common process and minimize costs by efficiently controlling the infrastructure environment.
The position owns the Digital strategy, software factory, and external facing Cat Customer Portal/Hub. Incumbent recognizes the service requirements/needs of dealers and customers, corporate and business unit goals, and gives leadership and direction to formulating global concepts, strategies and plans to deliver service solutions. Develops and communicates a 3-5 year strategic roadmap of the total digital service plan and explains rationale for providing specific service solutions considering Caterpillar digital offerings and Dealer Business priorities. Validates value metrics of technical information.
The position is responsible for the online commerce and customer e-procurement for any product that Caterpillar or its Dealer elects to sell through an online channel.
Typical internal customers include various contacts throughout Caterpillar worldwide and its subsidiaries. External contacts include various customers, dealers, and vendors throughout worldwide markets. The position is challenged to carefully evaluate problems and review a large number of possible solutions before selecting one option. Problems may be complex and can require the incumbent to develop and monetize new solutions. The incumbent establishes and then monitors general policies and guidelines for projects under his/her control to ensure specific, management goals are met and desired results are achieved. Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Recurring Revenue, Timeliness, Accuracy, Efficiency, Cost Savings, Process Quality, etc.
The position manages a work unit of primarily management/professional employees where some review of subordinate work is required as well as training, development and mentoring. The position is responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates, as well as overall employee satisfaction for the division.
- Position requires a four year degree from an accredited college or university.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in Information Technology or Digital with focus on Software Development, Support/Operational Services and Product Management
2+ years of experience with agile principles and agile development frameworks (e.g SCRUM)
2+ years of experience working with Telemetry Data, Dealer Data or Enterprise Data Domains
2+ years of working with Cloud Technology (e.g. Azure, AWS, etc. – AWS preferred)
3+ years of experience in a leadership role (Support or Service Management experience preferred)
3+ years of experience with ITIL/ITSM
Top Candidates Will Also Have
- Experience either writing or using APIs and Services. Familiarity with API rendering tools like Postman
- Experience either managing or leading data ingestion and quality
- Experience or strong familiarity with scripting and programming languages
- Any Agile certification of any sort
- A proven urgency in action driven by availability for Caterpillar dealers and customer
- Familiarity with Azure and/or AWS technologies (HDInsight, Storm, HBase, Hadoop ecosystem, S3, EC2, Cloud Watch, Lambda etc)
- Prior experience in a Supervisory or Managerial role leading and growing developers and/or Support Analysts releasing software to production in Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery environment (CI/CD)
- Prior experience with using ITIL/ITSM standards and practices
- Prior experience working with suppliers/ vendors for strategic resource management
- Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers
- A relentless passion for system stability