This role directs and oversees the activities of staff accountable for providing the desired functionality to the RxR platform and products. Oversees and directs the integration of the hardware and/or software frameworks, systems and architecture. Oversees the design of the underlying architecture for use in the Rx Renewal product offerings.
- This role directs and oversees the activities of staff accountable for providing the desired functionality to the digital RxR platform and products. Oversees and directs the integration of the hardware and/or software frameworks, systems and architecture.
- Oversees the design of the underlying architecture for use in the Rx Renewal product offerings.
- Ensure technology strategy is defined, planned, and executed across delivery organizations
- Drives R&D activities to identify new technologies, tools, frameworks to enable productivity and quality
- Manages technology vendor relationships to drive alignment, support, and collaboration. Manages vendor contracts and appropriate SLAs.
- Evaluates final results of design assuring accomplishment of technical objectives.
- Develops operational policies and procedures to ensure competitive advantage in requirements gathering, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of the software platform, products and solutions.
- Prepares and presents reports to leadership outlining the outcome of projects and makes recommendations for actions necessary to achieve desired results.
- Participates with leadership to establish strategic plans and objectives. Recommends and/or makes decisions on administrative and/or operational matters to ensure effective achievement of objectives. Works with key shareholders to formulate a comprehensive technology plan that is consistent with the overall business objectives and budgetary considerations.
- Participates in the development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria setting software engineering performance and service standards, and develops and implements operating plans to achieve those standards.
- Applies broad knowledge of product/service capabilities and environment to identify new growth areas, new technology and emerging product/service opportunities. Recommends strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of software engineering and pushes the boundaries on existing capabilities. Deploys sufficient resources to meet agreed on objectives, schedules and budgets at the highest level of quality and service.
- Implements policies and defines approach to strategy achievement and analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and decisions.
- Manages budgets, operational plans and performance requirements for area under direct leadership. Ensures budgets and schedules meet requirements.
- Selects, develops and evaluates staff to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within and outside of the organization. Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of experience in software engineering and/or architecture OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 11 years of experience in software engineering and/or architecture
- At least 5 years of experience building digital products and applications.
- At least 5 years of DevOps experience.
- Experience with vendor and vendor contract management, including SLA review.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- At least 5 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
- At least 5 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree in IT, IS, Mathematics
- Master's degree OR MBA
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Privacy for technology purposes.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.