Director Cybersecurity at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover
Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Director, Cybersecurity provides broad oversight and direction for cybersecurity programs, strategy and technologies to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Discover corporate and customer information assets. This position is a critical focal point for executives, regulators and business partners to ensure requirements and expectations are understood and incorporated in tactical and strategic planning and execution. Responsible for fostering strong collaboration with other information security organizations, and creating and reporting effective risk and performance metrics to provide full transparency into the security posture of the company.
- Provides leadership to a team of seasoned and highly-skilled technical senior managers.
- Delivers world-class cybersecurity program roadmaps; including well-crafted plans, specific and achievable objectives, and appropriate reporting and metrics.
- Advances and guides planning, strategy and delivery of cyber engineering, architecture, threat intelligence, incident response, analytics, cloud security, and expansion and development of emerging technologies.
- Pioneers consistent and efficient cybersecurity risk treatment by applying best practices in technology and processes across Discover.
- Drives cybersecurity program innovation and optimization while balancing security, operational and compliance risks.
- Oversees regulatory, audit, assurance, risk reporting and/or industry compliance.
- Provides continual and meaningful reporting to all levels of management that enhances the leadership view of risk, performance and overall results.
- Manages complex cross-functional cybersecurity engagements to achieve shared goals.
- Advises management and executives on cybersecurity initiatives, status and gaps, direction and resource investments, and design appropriate roadmap/charter to manage cybersecurity risk.
- Stays informed on evolving threats, peer discussions, new vendor solutions and industry trends to continually advance the cybersecurity program.
- Articulates the cybersecurity plans, direction and risk to regulators, auditors and/or law department.
- Establishes oversight process to assure complete transparency into risks identified and progress towards remediation by departments who have ownership and remediation responsibility.
- Promotes focus on the expanding cybersecurity framework and comprehensive assessments,
- Enables and supports diversity and professional development of management and team members.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 12+ years of cybersecurity, technology, engineering, risk, and compliance leadership experience.
- 4+ years of people management.
- In lieu of education, 15+ years of cybersecurity, technology, engineering, risk, and compliance leadership experience. 6+ years of people management.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.