Director, DevOps and Automation
Job Description Summary
We are looking for a Director, DevOps and Automation to join our team here at CCCIS. This role requires a technical leader who can lead a team in a complex technology environment and evangelize & deliver the solutions, including toolsets and processes, that underpin efficient, automated orchestration and deployment methods. A leader that advocates the SRE principles through effective communication, collaboration with cross functional teams, integration, and automation. This role will require strong technical background in the AWS technology stack, as well as, familiarity with legacy data center technologies and practices. He/She will drive change within the CCCIS organization to continue evolving an existing, automate pipeline in both private and public cloud environments.
- Help to build a collaborative DevOps oriented strategy and partnership with local and remote development teams
- Manage the delivery of highly performant and highly scalable cloud services at an optimized cost point.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of service availability. Perform quality reviews, manage operational risks, and operational issues.
- Establish & lead a strong operational backbone including establishing processes around metrics driven application support model.
- Responsible for leading the CI/CD maturity journey of the engineering organization.
- Establish a culture of high performance, transparency and continuous improvement as it relates to the development and support of our cloud services and to the streamlining of the development pipeline.
- Management of AWS technologists and operations engineers including goal setting, performance management, coaching, mentoring and development planning.
- Evangelize SRE/DevOps best practices to the broader tech organization
- Mentor new and existing team members
- Identify opportunities for automation and optimization and build it into the deployment cycle to improve quality, productivity and efficiency
- Manage the collaboration with corresponding cross functional teams for issues/requests requiring code changes or support with appropriate priority.
- 6+ years of relevant software engineering and/or infrastructure experience.
- 3+ years of platform architecture and support experience
- 3+ years of DevOps related experience in developing and implementing processes to optimize development team productivity and reduce operational overhead
- 3+ years’ experience with running medium to large/complex projects or teams with multiple interactions and dependencies
- Passionate about build automation and improving developer productivity
- Experience with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins.
- Experience building RESTful web services
- Experience migrating from Data Center to cloud.
- Experience with containers like docker and/ or Kubernetes
- Experience with RDBMS systems both on-prem and cloud a plus
- Demonstrated ability to define and communicate strategy and vision and influence across the enterprise
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work hands on with team members to inspire and motivate all levels of staff towards both tactical and strategic delivery goals