At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family- owned practices to world-class health systems.
The Director of EMR at VillageMD will own our end users’ success in leveraging the EMR to drive outcomes. They lead a team of managers and analysts in organizing and delivering an optimized experience and performance in the EMR. They function as a subject-matter expert in translating organizational goals and strategies into real-world, well-adopted EMR workflows and content. They collaborate closely with the business to identify and solve operational challenges, design efficient team structures, and oversee a national strategy for EMR technology.
What will make you successful here?
- A bias for action and an understanding of how to implement process to gain speed while appropriately mitigating project risk
- Strong analytical and technical skills/aptitude
- Think clearly, communicate concisely, and collaborate always.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, find peace in chaos, and absorb information quickly to create a plan.
- Excellent ability to craft and implement requirements, keep projects on track, and engage stakeholders (internal and external)
- Strong leadership skills to manage remote teams and build clear processes across clinical and non-clinical stakeholders
- An understanding of technology development and roadmapping, and an ability to lead a team that creates a new EMR experience by combining the ingenuity and creativity of our engineering and analytics teams into the everyday EMR experience of end users.
- A low ego; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year
- Manage teams of EMR analysts and managers; drive the team to deliver a high-quality end user experience through consistent build and onboarding.
- Create or improve change control processes to create opportunities for innovation and still manage a low-risk environment.
- Collaborate with our engineering team to identify integration strategic points between our proprietary technology and the EMR
- Implement new processes to manage inflow and execution of issues and new build and optimizing team function.
- Travel up to 25% of the time to our teams in different geographies. (Preference is for this person to be based in Chicago, but Phoenix or Houston-based candidates may also be considered.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 8+ years of full-time experience leading projects in the EMR space, from initial implementation through the full life cycle.
- 6+ years’ experience managing a large team and operating at a leadership level.
- Preferred experience in a tech forward organization, collaborating with engineering teams. Bonus points for startup experience.
- Experience managing EMR systems for multi-regional clinics in ambulatory setting
- Track record of successfully executing projects with multiple dependencies and stakeholders
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.