Kin + Carta is a digital transformation organization. The Director of Engineering will help to continue building the engineering and architecture practices within the Cloud Modernization & Event Streaming capability. We’re looking for an individual with initiative, drive and desire to build a strong technology practice.
This individual will provide technical leadership, assist with go-to-market strategies, and develop hiring/training plans for our technical workforce. Ultimately, this individual will serve as a role model in the technology community and coach/mentor for our technical staff.
- Articulating and driving an ambitious vision for our the Cloud Modernization & Event Streaming practice
- Providing thought leadership relating to cloud-native development, containers, serverless, event streaming, kubernetes and overall cloud engineering.
- Partnering with the capability leader on go to market strategies, specifically by providing a technical perspective
- Partnering with the Capability leader on workforce strategy decisioning
- Making hiring decisions
- Mentoring and coaching technical staff
- Curating solid training programs & content to continuously develop our technical workforce
- Defining the standards of excellence for technical delivery on client projects so that the team has a framework for success
- Participating in billable client project work on a limited basis to provide thought leadership, solution engagement and momentum to help our teams deliver successful projects
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 8 - 10 years experience in a technical field
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Well versed in computing science fundamentals
- Experience leading small and medium-sized development teams (8+ engineers)
- Experience with cloud native development, kubernetes, containers and event streaming patterns.
- Experience leading large teams / departments of engineers (20+ engineers)
- Expertise in cloud computing across any of the platforms (GCP, Azure or AWS)
- A seasoned technologist at the core, curious and excited about the impact of leveraging technology at scale
- Prior experience leading the design and development of multiple enterprise-grade platforms or products from concept through to production
- Experienced across multiple enterprise-grade technical stacks, and ability to evaluate and select the right tech for the job
- Comfortable being the leader, but still enjoys getting ‘in the weeds’
- Prior experience in a technical consulting or product innovation environment is ideal
- Knowledgeable (or highly curious) about working with product and experience experts
- Able to lead and coach staff, engage in skills assessments, and promote professional development of staff
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills and relationship management
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.