The Director of Engineering and Development is responsible for leading the software development team and ensuring that the product vision is realized through excellence in execution. They report to the Chief Product Officer and have responsibility for the development of the technical strategy, maintenance of the technical roadmap and ensuring the engineering team hits goals and delivers on commitments to the product roadmap.
Our ideal candidate is someone who desires to get things done – someone who is persistent and articulate and who enjoys working in a constantly-changing environment. They know how to build and inspire teams. They have a backbone and are willing, even eager, to be held accountable for their teams’ progress and deliverables. They are driven and excited to be on the ground floor of something that will be huge.
You take ownership of:
- Leading software platform development efforts for Enduvo across multiple systems (desktop applications and web platforms) leveraging Unity/Unreal, Android, iOS, and various cloud platform services
- Providing technical leadership for software systems and partner hardware devices
- Performing architectural, design and code reviews that improve software development quality
- Proactively building the engineering team through recruiting efforts, growing new engineers into roles, finding talent that isn’t being leveraged and inspiring the team to excellence
- Managing the team by providing guidance and feedback, enforcing accountability and coaching the team’s performance
- Collaborating with strategic technology partners to define product enhancements
- Providing technical leadership in the enhancement of software development processes and best practices, including: AGILE development, automated testing, usability and continuous integration
- Overseeing the development, testing, documentation and release of full-stack, end-to-end features of our product
- Proactively anticipating technical risks, implementing the systems with fault-tolerant capabilities and ensuring system stability and security
- Serving as a critical resource to the engineering team in all aspects of web, Unity/Unreal and client applications
- Guiding the overall application design and scaling of our platform by leading and building an overall solution that is robust, secure and scalable
- Collaborating with customers, sales, marketing, product management and leadership to develop enhancements to the entire product pipeline
Your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent leadership, collaboration and consensus building skills
- Desire to coach and mentor engineers and provide technical guidance
- Ability to design, architect and implement resilient, distributed software platforms using microservices architecture
- Knowledge of modern JS libraries/frameworks, such as React, Angular, JQuery, etc.
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages such as Ruby, PHP, etc.
- Knowledge of Unity/Unreal, RDBMS (e.g. MySQL) SQL and MongoDB
- Knowledge of testing methods, including back-end, front-end and integration tests
- Ability to execute in AGILE environments and balance competing priorities within a performance-driven culture
- Familiar with modern big data technologies and experience with projects that integrate with Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Ability to apply a broad knowledge of SDK, applications and platform development to our products
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline
- 7 years of relevant experience in advanced technology management as a software leader building teams and leading organizations through product delivery and commercialization, on time and on budget
- 5+ years of experience managing onshore and offshore software developers/partners
- Experience designing software systems, marketplaces, content delivery platforms and services
- Proven track record of software development, including shipping one or more products on large code bases that span a range of platforms and tools
- Experience developing scalable web applications with proven track record of building marketplace solutions
- Technical experience and understanding of how full-stack solutions fit together
- Experience using game engines, 3D modeling and animation tools
- Experience with API integrations for large scale, social platforms
- Experience in additional fields such as programming, computer vision, OS and game development
- UnityScript programming skills and experience in UI design within Unity/Unreal
- Experience with AR Applications, SDK development and Integration with cloud services
- Knowledge of Oculus Go/Rift/Quest, VIVE and/or SteamVR platforms
- Experience with software development, IDEs and testing tools (e.g. editors, compilers, linkers, desktop simulation, configuration management tools, requirements management tools)
- Clear understanding of DevOps, automated testing, and continuous Integration practices and their role in agile software development
- Broad understanding of software and cloud architecture, large deployment, availability, performance and security SLAs
- Experience with JIRA
- Location: Chicago
Note: We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
Enduvo is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), medical history or condition, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law.