Director of Engineering (Identity)
Rally Health™ is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that’s okay. We’re not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We’re building something that supports people over their lifetime. Every day, we get to work with amazing people on something that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.
At Rally Health, we believe that two heads truly are better than one. Rallyers understand the importance of communication and collaboration, ensuring that we work we produce is the best that it can be. Every opinion is valid and valued, and we share ideas that elevate the way we work. We know that the big picture and the small details are tied together, and we keep both in mind. Everything we do is executed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch. Here at Rally, we take advantage of the opportunity to build strong relationships with each other, because it makes us better.
About the Team: The “Universal Health ID Engineering” team at Rally Health is tasked with making a first class identity system that our users keep for life. Imagine a single identity system that works across different portals and apps with different employers, insurance companies and healthcare providers. It deals with the complex engineering challenges like secure identity, threat protection, identity resolution, medical eligibility across the entire healthcare system and authorization to name a few. The code we work on impacts the entire company and a large part of the entire health industry.
Your day to day:
- We are looking for an engineering leader to head the Accounts, Authentication, Access Control and Identity management of users of our end user facing products. This leader will take engineering ownership of “Universal Health Identity”, consolidate existing stacks and help us march towards having a single identity platform that is safe, secure, reliable, cost effective and be best in its class.
Your core responsibilities:
- Drive the engineering execution of “Universal Health ID” and work in conjunction with Product Management to continually define and refine the long-term vision
- With the platform mindset, work with multibillion dollar business partners to provide identity and access management services through “software-as-a-service” model
- Be the engineering face of “Universal Health ID” platform. Represent the organization in executive debriefs, business reviews, escalations and coordination discussions
- Work with partners, support, sales and other organization to understand asks, provide technical assessment of solutions and work with product managers for execution and delivery
- Lead and manage an organization of engineering managers, software engineers, architects, QA and DevOps spanning multiple geographic locations
- Recruit, retain, mentor and grow a talented group of diverse employees
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field. Background in Software Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in Software Engineering leadership roles
- Clear understanding, point of view and experience in various software engineering practices, SDLC process, testing methodologies and support models
- Experience in distributed computing, cloud services, API development, fault tolerant system design
- Experience in dealing with multiple partner support, SLA management, escalation management etc.
- Experience in architecting large distributed services with upstream and downstream dependencies
- Experience in setting vision, roadmap, prioritization of features, cost assessment and software delivery through multiple release cycles
- Experience in identity and access management services
- Experience in building consumer centric products
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valued. A diverse workforce will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.