Director of Engineering, Infrastructure at Reverb
Reverb is the largest online marketplace dedicated to buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of music makers all over the world by focusing on gear-tailored product experiences, inspiring content, compelling inventory, and amazing customer service.
We believe that music makes the world a better place, which is why our mission is to make the world more musical. Sales on Reverb help support Reverb Gives , which provides youth music education programs across the world with instruments they need to make music.
The Director of Engineering, Infrastructure leads the teams responsible for Reverb's cloud-based infrastructure, development platform, security, and corporate IT systems. Your organization ensures that our products remain performant, available, and secure as we scale; supports strategic business initiatives through partnerships with product development teams; and enables our engineering team to seamlessly develop and deploy software. As leader of this organization, you'll shape our technical foundation through thoughtful, pragmatic transformation of our technology and processes.
You'll serve as a member of the Engineering leadership team, contribute to the advancement of our department overall, and report to the CTO. This is a full-time role that is open to remote hires within multiple states as well as candidates local to Chicago, IL. For candidates who will work remotely visit this link for a list of approved locations.
- Mentor and grow your team, with a focus on developing great leaders and attracting top talent.
- Provide the vision and technical direction for our infrastructure and platform to support the long-term growth of Reverb as we rapidly scale our business and team.
- Lead the selection of and ongoing partnership with key vendors.
- Ensure your teams have the direction and resources to deliver effectively. View your team's work both from the high level perspective of a senior leader, and, when needed, dive into the details to support high quality decision-making and execution.
- Break down barriers for your team and the organization, in particular those that span teams, functions, or departments. Lead engineering-wide initiatives to drive successful outcomes now and over time.
- At least 4 years of engineering leadership experience, including demonstrated ability to effectively hire, lead and develop managers and engineers in a rapidly growing organization
- Experience leading teams that own a diverse range of business critical infrastructure
- Deep familiarity with cloud infrastructure and a wide range of essential services and supporting tools, especially AWS, Kubernetes, logging and observability products, Terraform, cloud networking, and CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with most common network and application security risks and techniques for engineering teams to mitigate them
- Experience working with compliance programs, especially SOX and PCI DSS
- Comfort and experience with both systems and software engineering
- Familiarity with IT administration and essential IT tools
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A generous PTO policy that includes vacation, sick/mental health days plus 11 paid holidays and two floating holidays.
- 18 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Paid sabbatical program
- Ways to give back to your community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant and resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We know that the impostor syndrome and confidence gap are real. Please do not hesitate to apply!