At Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth, for leadership, for big, world-changing impact and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone. And that starts with our Kin. That’s why we’re proud of:
- The life we create within our virtual walls, every day
- Being B Corp certified
- Our honor as a “Best Large Firm to Work For” by Consulting Magazine
The Engineering Platform Practice at Kin + Carta is the foundation of support for the Experience service line / offering and work. The job of the Engineering Platform Practice is to work with our Kin (employees) to enable them to orchestrate and integrate a variety of platform-based technologies needed to deliver a diverse array of digital experiences. The Engineering Platform Practice pushes the boundaries of what technology can enable for our client’s business and this role is responsible for aligning and supporting technologists and technical developers, leveraging their expertise and connecting them to our partners across content management, commerce and other marketing technologies.Role responsibilities
- Provide people leadership, craft mentorship, career coaching, growth advice, talent & skill development and a practice culture for our Kin.
- Support the delivery of billable work, expanding the practice’s impact on client teams, bringing lessons learned and maturing our practices, while building key client stakeholder relationships and supporting the the growth of client accounts
- Own the voice of the practice to the market through participation in support of marketing and industry events, campaigns or sales pursuits.
- Work closely with service line leads to optimize existing services and develop new service offerings.
- Support casting (project assignments) efforts for delivery health and team growth. Ensure delivery is on-track, with balanced support structures across teams.
- Ensure vision and strategy for the practice that is inspirational and motivating for practice members and that aligns with relevant global and regional business strategies
- Ensure the right organizational structure (including any sub practices) to maximize career and delivery opportunities, along with craft development.
- Ensure that our Kin are equipped via talent development with the right practice skills, executing against a standard for their band, setting career growth direction tied to band expectations with a focus on strong margin & agreed shape of workforce. Manage key members of the practice, and ensure delegation of high quality management to the others as necessary.
- Ensure the practice has a healthy utilization performance that aligns to corporate standards.
- Align with operations, supply management, client teams and talent acquisition to hire the right Kin against our current client requirements, needs of the practice and our IDEA principles.
- Provide direction on internal engagement and communications to all practice Kin, plan internal goals to support the practice’s maturity
- Provide thought leadership to market via published and speaking content opportunities, participate in industry events, campaigns or sales pursuits, bring forward the best practices of the craft.
- Ensure the practice is abreast of industry trends related to the Engineering Platform, develop new craft techniques, disciplines and even services in conjunction with the Chief Product Officer and/or service line/offering owners.
- Drive contribution to new business engagements. Encourage creation of appropriate content including case studies and other credential-building materials.
- Provide a framework and document the craft’s best practices for client delivery to increase repeatability, document lessons learned and improve the quality of our work. This includes ensuring the practice is always using the best/most appropriate tools for delivery potentially by fostering relationships with tool vendors.
- Facilitate and coach others on resolving craft-related delivery issues.
- 10+ years experience delivering software and leading platform technology solutions, including: Optimizely DXP (formerly Episerver), Adobe AEM, Commerce Tools, Contentful, Contentstack, SAP Hybrid, Google Cloud (GCP), Microsoft Cloud (Azure).
- Consulting or agency experience is a requirement.
- At least 5 years of engineering management experience, including 2 years of managing leaders.
- Experience growing the skills and leadership capacity of engineering teams.
- Experience coaching and/or building and facilitating workshops to drive learning outcomes.
- Experience building psychologically safe environments that encourage everyone to contribute their ideas and feedback to the conversation.
- Experience hiring at pace to support a fast-growing business.
- Experience with strategic engineering leadership. Able to devise and execute strategic initiatives to improve the community and the business.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and collaborating across all areas of the business to drive initiatives forward.
- Experience supporting business development activities
- Strong organizational and team leadership skills
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. Our 1,700 curious minds make creative connections between people, data and technology to create connected outcomes across the full lifecycle of the product and platform ecosystems.
We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. We help businesses accelerate their digital roadmap, rapidly innovate, modernize their systems, enable their teams and optimize for continued growth.
We are a technology business with trust and human connection at its heart. As a Certified B Corp, our triple bottom line focus on people, the planet and profit is at the core of everything we do.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness, check out the IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.