- Managing the advancement and deployment of specific disciplines and technologies
- Actively participating in the engineering process - anticipating our future needs
- Leading global direction and changes
- Providing technical and career mentoring for our team
- Challenging our team to achieve difficult goals and empowering our team to make decisions
- Acquiring, onboarding and allocating resources
- Solve the adoption problem: Develop a roadmap based on what a product needs to deliver- collaborate with product management, customers, sales, architects and our CEO. Develop the project in an agile way. Product roadmap development, and care and feeding of roadmap- keeping it evergreen, communicating, evangelizing, etc. is an important part of the role.
- Consistently deliver projects on-time with quality: If a project is behind schedule or the product is experiencing issues or an engineer is disheartened, the candidate will refocus energy from other efforts (hiring, planning, etc.) to figure out how to get obstacles out of the way to get everything back on track.
- Lead the Progression of Relativity’s Technology Platform: Work collaboratively with the Product leadership team in establishing the vision for Relativity’s software architecture to support the demands of today’s applications and future products. Lead the team to execute on this vision
- Organized, Disciplined, and Process Oriented: An experienced, organized, and efficient leader with the ability to define priorities and focus on areas that add value. Can design the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; can see opportunities for collaboration and integration; most importantly can simplify complex processes.
- Can scale with our organization: As our team, product, and infrastructure grows, issues arise consistently regarding systems/processes/environments that no longer work at our current scale. As a technical leader, their responsibility is to find a solution to those issues (often with the help of the team) as well as putting together a plan of action to execute that solution. It’s easy to identify pain points or systems that aren’t working well, but the leaders are those who influence outcomes by getting solutions for those issues prioritized.
- Has an Agile mindset: Delivers solutions in small steps while incorporating an “inspect and adapt” feedback loop from internal and external stakeholders. Flexible and able to adjust\change direction as the business environment and technology universe evolves and changes.
- Empowers engineers and managers: They manage to make the biggest impact possible for the company while reaching their professional development goals.
- Challenges team members: Engineers need opportunities through goals and projects to push themselves and reach their professional development goals. To arrange projects that align with these goals, directors need to work with the rest of the product team to figure out the roadmaps for our teams.
- Recruit and develop the best engineering talent: Work closely with our HR organization to continually enhance our recruiting, onboarding, and training programs to support the continued rapid growth of our product development organization.
- 10+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Has a technical background: .NET framework with SQL Server on an enterprise platform would be awesome. Someone that is still developing software is interesting- even if it's not critical path development work.
- In the "3rd inning" of their career: 6 - 7 years of individual contributor as a developer; promoted to manager and stayed in that role for 4 - 5 years; 10 years of development experience with more recent leadership experience (the last 2 - 3 years) is also fit.
- Excellent Knowledge of the new technology trends and its applications for the new products in the marketplace
- Strong problem solving skills, independent thinking
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong people management skills
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong leadership skills, ability to perform under the pressure and optimize the team's resources to attain the business goals
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- Ability to work comfortably in ambiguous situations
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
Our software has more than 150,000 active users in more than 40 countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and more than 195 of the Am Law 200. We have grown significantly over the last several years and continue striving to build software that helps solve our customers’ toughest e-discovery and unstructured data challenges. If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.