Director of Engineering
As the Director of Engineering, Marketplace Services, you will oversee the engineering talent and technical strategy for multiple domains and technical areas focused on our business services and APIs. This role will be directly responsible for systems supporting order management, shopping, customer support and fulfillment. There are currently three development teams under this role with plans to add a fourth as we continue to scale. We are looking for a leader who is passionate about people and technology and who has a proven record of scaling engineering teams and systems.
The marketplace services domain is the lifeblood of what enables Vivid Seats to be the best marketplace to buy and sell event tickets. This is a new role for Vivid Seats as we continue to expand as a business and grow our engineering teams. This role will report directly to the VP of Engineering and have a direct impact on our business performance and the continued growth of our engineering teams and technologies. The Director of Engineering will partner with Product Directors, functional business leaders, the VP of Engineering and the CTO to accomplish large business and technology objectives.
- Coach and develop individual contributors and managers
- Foster a high performing engineering culture which attracts a diverse spectrum of top engineering talent
- Own the quality, scalability, security, and performance of applications, systems, and integrations under the marketplace services domain
- Measure and improve team engagement and productivity
- Set the technical strategy and execution plan for the marketplace services domain
- Represent Vivid Seats as a brand ambassador to the local technology community
- Partner with the Director of Product to enable business value creation, as well as the stability and scalability of our solutions.
To be successful, you'll need:
- A proven career leading multiple high-performing engineering teams, preferably in the ecommerce industry
- Experience developing and getting stakeholder and engineer buy-in to execute a long-term technical strategy
- Expertise establishing and managing both onshore and offshore teams
- Several years' experience building backend API centric software solutions
- Experience with enterprise asynchronous system architecture and scaling
- Strong expertise with Object Oriented back end languages/ technologies such as Java, Groovy, .NET, Scala, Python, etc.
- A strong understanding of database technologies
- A proven ability to develop engineering managers and to build and retain diverse engineering teams
- Customer facing or consulting experience with the ability to promote and secure platform adoption
- Experience in a fast paced, Agile, continuous integration environment
- Creativity, fearlessness and an unwavering commitment to putting the customer first
What We Offer:
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. Experiences Matter- which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats provides an opportunity to scale our best in class platform, allowing our fans to sit closer and see more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing each and every employee direct accountability to creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
We are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our fans… and the best in class experience for our employees. Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, individual and team-based bonus opportunities, generous benefits package and Flex PTO policy plus a variety of workplace perks. The most exciting one: We offer our employees $100 worth of credits each month to spend on Vivid Seats tickets along with promotional discounts. At the heart of it, we are all fans of great live events. We want to help you get there more often.
111 N Canal Suite #800
Chicago, IL 60606