Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Technology and People First Approach
Discover has embarked on an exciting technology journey led by a new passionate and energized CIO who is looking to elevate our technology organization to be one of “best in class”. Our culture places its people and customers first and embraces a “we succeed together” mentality. With this, we are seeking a variety of results driven executives to continue to drive change across all areas of the technology function.
These leaders will have a strong engineering mindset, a passion for innovation, and the ability to build strong partnerships at all levels across our enterprise. We are looking for individuals to leverage Agile methodology and eliminate redundancies that will allows our teams to strive for excellence. With our expanding technology organization, we are proactively seeking top talent to join our team to help us create an unrivaled customer experience.
Our Enterprise Architecture (EA) team is seeking a Director to play a key role in formulating strategies, with a specific focus on process optimization and operational functionality. This individual will work with technology leadership to modernize systems, implement cutting edge solutions and push the limits of improvements and innovations. The Director of Enterprise Architecture will improve efficiency and effectiveness of the team while leading through change as Discover leverages next generation capabilities.
- Develop multi-year roadmaps, provide the vision and work with individual architects to translate this into tactical engineering blue prints
- Improving efficiency and effectiveness of the EA team including influencing and establishing best processes through solid design, decisions, and tools
- Set goals, strategies and oversee initiatives across multiple platforms in an Agile model
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of cloud technologies, software engineering, data engineering and data science to define target architectures, patterns and automation processes.
- Provide technical leadership while developing and maintaining relationships with Product Managers, Solution Engineers and Technical Architects
- Create presentations to illustrate EA delivery plans, concepts, and prototypes, summarizing marketplace and competitive strategy
- Ability to present to C-Suite leaders and technical decision makers while providing appropriate thought leadership and creative insights when needed
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to execute on deliverables
- Represent Discover at technical meetups, external conferences and mentor junior engineers and architects
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10+ years of relevant technology experience
- 3+ years of experience working with cloud and data capabilities
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Master’s degree.
- Financial Service industry experience.
- Experience in developing high volume transaction processing solutions that can be scaled for millions of daily transactions.
- Experience with software development, cloud computing services and infrastructure application development platforms and contemporary programming languages work, systems, or design.
- Experience building enterprise applications using modern architecture techniques and cloud platforms (AWS preferred), Java, Python and Web technologies.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.