Director of Enterprise Architecture Testing
Discover Financial Services is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America’s cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation’s leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Director of Enterprise Architecture Testing will serve as a key member of the Enterprise Software Quality team and will spearhead the quality transformation and modern testing practices for traditional and agile teams. This leader will partner with stakeholders across all value streams to create and establish all plans, processes, and metrics in addition to the design, methodology, and framework for future growth.
- Lead a team of testing professionals to execute enterprise testing. This includes being a champion of quality in SAFe value streams and within the broader technical community of practices
- Develop and improve testing practices for the enterprise with a strong focus on modern testing techniques, tools and methods
- Collaborate with DevOps, Development and Product owners to verify the testability of the release and define strategies and best practices for all quality streams
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Work with vendors and suppliers to source talent, products and services necessary to deliver high quality testing services to Discover
- Lead the transformation of traditional application testing into a modern set of practices. Establish the transformational activities necessary to modernize the test cases, test environments and test execution of legacy system software
- Help lead and grow the technical talent within the testing organizatio
- Bachelor’s Degree or 15+ years of relevant experience in software development, quality engineering and testing
- 8 + years of experience working on multiple product delivery cycles simultaneously
- Experience in agile/iterative development methodology. SAFe experience is preferred
- Ability to collaborate with application & value stream leaders to ensure quality practices and tooling are formulated and adhered
- Ability to collaborate with senior management to manage quality deliverables and outcomes
- Experience with technology eco-system that supports end-to-end micro service architecture, such as, APIs, message queue, container, service registry/discovery etc.
- Strong leadership skills to grow talent
- Detail oriented communication and documentation skills
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.