About The Opportunity
The Director, Quality & Process Improvement will lead the Quality and Process Improvement teams. This role is responsible for the development and execution of Care's overall process improvement and quality assurance strategy, ensuring that the department is continuously improving our quality standards as well as identifying and implementing key process changes that improve Customer Experience and optimize cost. A successful candidate will have strong, progressive leadership experience as well as a background in Customer Service with experience in analytics and process improvement. We are looking for someone who thinks innovatively, uses data and metrics to influence their decisions, and has a proven ability to lead and execute.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Provide Care’s Quality and Process Improvement teams with sound leadership guidance, innovation, and an approach of continuous improvement.
- Facilitate strategy and direction for change management and process improvement in Care that aligns with overall business goals and objectives
- Utilize qualitative and anecdotal data as a starting point to identify process improvement opportunities and create an ROI based on data
- End to end project facilitation including all phases of the DMAIC approach. Projects will focus on customer experience, cost optimization and and employee engagement
- Perform root cause analysis to better understand the critical business drivers – including but not limited to diner behavior, restaurant relationships, product engagement, and market-specific performance, and leverage this data to influence long-term strategy
- Develop a testing structure to push Care innovation and effectively tracks tests and yields measurable results. Tests will be focused on improving our policies, processes and tools
- Lead, coach, develop, and mentor a large team while constantly raising the bar. Support Quality and Process Improvement Managers, ensuring that they are leading and developing their teams in alignment with company policies and objectives
- Be curious! Continually seek and identify opportunities to improve the customer experience, reduce expense or make people’s work day easier
You Should Have
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience in an analytical role, supporting customer service or operations
- 7+ years of leadership experience required
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic initiatives at a Director or Sr. Manager level
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to dive deep, summarize, and communicate important data
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills, ability to multitask
- Experience working cross-functionally to obtain buy-in, must be able to influence stakeholders and get other teams on-board in helping achieve your goals
- Strong leader with a track record of driving results and developing his/her team
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- SQL required
Got these even Better
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Tableau / data visualization expertise
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.