Director, Redress QA/QC at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Discover has grown to become one of the top five direct banks in the United States since its founding in 1986, and today is well positioned to pursue its vision to be the leading direct bank and payments partner. The company issues the Discover card and is a leader in other banking products that include private student loans, personal and home equity loans, checking and savings accounts, as well as certificates of deposit. It also operates the Discover Global Network, which is comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance around the world.
Discover has established a strong track record of performance since becoming an independent, publicly traded company in 2007. For 10 years, it was the top-performing stock in the S&P 500 Financials Index and the company has grown total loans from $48 billion in 2007 to $96 billion in 2019, deposits from $25 billion to $73 billion, network volume from $186 billion to $403 billion, and net income from $0.6 billion to $2.9 billion.
Discover’s performance is driven by 18,000+ employees who are united by shared values and who are committed to making a difference every day for our customers, owners, communities and one another. Thanks to these employees, Discover receives awards and recognition year-in and year-out for innovative products and features, workplace quality, corporate citizenship, and for providing an industry leading customer experience based on 100% U.S.-based customer service.
Responsible for supporting successful completion of the DSL Redress Plan and establishing a sustainable consumer redress process by enhancing automation, quality assurance and quality control.
- Set vision and implement automated redress solutions related to impact population validation, calculations, execution, reimbursement request decisions, data warehouse, reporting & tracking.
- Design and implement quality control process to ensure adherence to policies, standards and procedures and provide reasonable assurance that all harmed customers have been identified and provided with redress.
- Communicates strategies and results to senior executives, governance committees and regulators.
- Collaborates with peers in incident management, internal operations, technology, risk & compliance, law and internal controls to identify best practices and to define and achieve goals.
- Ensures operational policies, procedures, process maps, control descriptions, control tests, training materials, job aids and other materials are accurate and appropriately documented.
- Hires and develops employees, defines goals and responsibilities, provides feedback and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Math, Engineering or related. Masters degree preferred
- 10+ years of Operations, Process Management or related experience
- In lieu of education experience, 12+ years of Operations, Process Management or related experience required
- 4+ years of people management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Track record as a trusted advisor and business partner - driving business insights, actions, and accountability, with a customer service-oriented attitude
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.