Director, Security Strategy (GRC) at VillageMD
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
We're looking for a GRC Director to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served.
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare. We’re empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions, and engaging patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country, improving patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization, and we are thrilled about the work that we accomplish every day. We’re transparent. Collaborative. Relentless in pursuit of our mission. With a confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation. And we know that the community we are growing is greater than any one individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and connected to the most modern internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical decision support, patient engagement and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
Could this be you?
See for yourself how the GRC Director helps reshape successful healthcare with VillageMD:
The GRC Director will lead and drive VillageMD’s strategic GRC initiatives and information security projects. We are seeking a multifaceted security leader who can perform the fundamental roles of a GRC director, which include but are not limited to: creating and leading projects that enhance the governance program, take part in the management of technical risks, and oversee compliance with industry regulations. As a pivotal member of the Information Security team, this individual will work closely with the CISO as well as large stakeholders across the firm in order to discuss and enable a better understanding of large scale cyber security issues.
How you can make a difference
During your first year, you can expect the following professional challenges:
- Build and scale a team to analyze current and proposed IT systems/programs/initiatives to ensure compliance with applicable business, industry, and regulatory standards
- Work with business and technology delivery teams to define and maintain an effective suite of controls adapting to changes in products, business processes and technology solutions
- Partner with internal and external groups that periodically assess control effectiveness to ensure that these assessments are conducted in a smooth and efficient manner and that any issues and exceptions identified in the operation of controls are promptly and enduringly corrected
- Maintain an accurate and continuously updated inventory of IT controls including their objectives, operational processes, and responsible control owner
- Collaborate with IT control owners to continuously monitor control effectiveness and act as a trusted advisor to business and technology leadership on the design and effective operation of controls
- Continuously assess technology delivery and operation within VillageMD to identify process, technology operation, regulatory, or compliance risks and develop the necessary strategies to reduce and/or remediate these risks
- Facilitate communication and coordinated action across VillageMD and enterprise leadership to track and address identified risks
- Build and scale a team in support of the above
Skills for success
As a successful VillageMD a GRC Director you possess:
- Strong organizational and project management skill
- The ability to create and refine processes that are adaptable but wildly scalable
- Think clearly, communicate concisely, and collaborate always.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, find peace in chaos, and absorb information quickly to create a plan.
- A low ego; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
- The ability to lead a team, give clear direction, and be flexible in approach to adapt when projects need it
Experience to drive change
- Experience leading and scaling a GRC program in a healthcare technology environment.
- 10+ years in the Security Operations, with people management experience
- History of optimization of process and projects across functional areas
- Track record of successfully executing projects in collaboration with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1. This fun, fast-paced, startup environment even comes complete with snacks.
You also have the flexibility to contribute remotely. Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.